Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vitamin D; How to make Raw Almond Milk~video

Oh, Mister Sun is shining brightly here and I am ready to go outside and get some Vitamin D on. When the suns ray reach our skin they trigger vitamin D production. Vitamin D is one of the most healing chemical in our bodies. It is made by our bodies~free of charge. Just go out in the sun and soak it in. Depending on where you live in relation to the equator will affect the timing of when it is best to expose your skin to the sun and the length of time you expose yourself. Find out more about Vitamin D at Dr. Mercola's Vitamin D resource page

I hope that you are in good health today and if not, that you are taking postive steps to educate yourself and begin your journey to health.

I have been coaching my husband for about 47 days in his journey to lose weight and decrease his cholesterol. So far he has lost 23 lbs. and has just begun a workout regime. He is following a High Raw Vegan Diet. There are as many diet plans out there as there are individuals. One key is finding one that you can incorporate into your lifestyle and have a support system to encourage you as you make the transition. From my own research I believe the most healthful diet is High-raw and vegan (or 100% Raw) and as much organic as possible. It may take some time to get to this place...just remember, it is a journey and as we become more educated about our bodies and what provides the best nutrition the changes will come. Be patient and just keep moving forward. It you falter, don't despair, just pray, get up and get back on the path.


As you may know I use raw almond milk daily. Our family goes through about a 1/2 gallon per day. I use it in my smoothies and sometimes my children will use it on raw granola's. I take the leftover pulp and make nut cheese or pate's, dehydrate it into flour, make raw cookies or add it to raw breads.

I wanted to share a couple of video's on how to make RAW ALMOND MILK. This type of milk is delicious, easy to make and very helpful for those that are lactose intolerant and/or want to avoid dairy. You can find a link on the sidebar for a couple of books that will inform you about Dairy. I highly recommend, " The China Study"








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today my husband ate~

16oz of carrot juice

Very large salad~1 head of romaine, a handful of cilantro, roma tomato, celery, yellow bell pepper, guacamole( about 1/2 avocado) topped with 1 c. of black bean soup and broccoli sprouts and a bit of honey mustard dressing.
2 raw donut holes
3/4 of a cantaloupe

28 oz of Amazing Grass Superfood smoothie~chocolate ~raw almond milk, banana, mesquite, hemp seeds, raw cacao nibs

1 small gala apple sliced, 4 stalks of celery and 2 heaping T. of organic no sugar, no salt peanut butter

My menu~
a.m. smoothie~ 1 1/2 c. raw almond milk, 1 banana, 1-2 T. hemp seeds 1 t chia seeds 1 t. maca, 1t. mesquite, 1t. lacuma, 1/2 T. raw cacao nibs, 1/2 scoop of Amazing Green Superfoods, ice...you can add frozen cherries to this and it is amazing!...if this is a bit powdery for you..add a bit of water and more ice...and always drink 2-4 cups of water when rising/before this smoothie


These are links to my superfoods that I incorporate into my morning smoothie. I did not purchase all of these at one time. I added one item at a time. I use the chia and hemp seeds for protein and omega 3's..these are just a couple of the benefits. Each superfood has it's own unique benefits.


32 oz of Green Lemonade ~celery, lemon and ginger with liquid stevia

Salad~romaine, cilantro, celery, roma tomato, yellow bell pepper, guacamole, broccoli spouts, hemp seeds and honey mustard dressing
2 raw donut holes
Amazing Superfood Smoothie same as above

GT's ginger kombucha


Black Bean Soup~non raw

fill a crock pot 1/4-1/3 full of rinsed and drained black beans
add:

2-4 cloves of crushed garlic

1 chopped onion (I use dried if in a hurry)

handful of dried celery leaves or fresh (periodically I dehydrate my celery leaves~you can grind them up as a salt substitute or season soups with them)

1 t. cumin

Wakame (dried seaweed) chopped

I added a handful of chopped kale to disguse the seaweed*

1 c. shredded carrots*

sea salt to taste

Fill the crock with water leaving 1-3" at the top.

I set mine on high overnight and they are ready by morning. Temperature will vary depending on your crockpot.
If my family is not eating them until dinner the next day I will set it on low until morning and increase temperature til noon and they are usually done and then set on keep warm.
*the kale and carrots are usually added the next day prior to eating so they are not cooked to death...this will depend on your tastes and time frame.

If this is not all eaten the first day I will add something else the next...maybe diced tomatoes and/or chili powder/taco seasoning etc.
maybe the next day I will add some leftover long grain brown rice.
On the final day I will make it into a mexican casserole by alternating beans, whole grain tortillas, nutritional yeast, salsa and maybe some macho nacho sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...