Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coconut Noodles and Peanut Sauce~Sowing and Reaping Good Things!

My daughter is visiting from Tenessee so I've been pre-occupied. I am also trying to complete a nutrition class to receive my certification. In the meantime life goes on.
My husband is just about 1 week away from the completion of his Biggest Loser contest at work. He has lost a total to date of 25 lbs. following a high raw vegan diet (with a couple of slips) For the first two months he did nothing but talk about what he couldn't have and imagine eating those things. Yesterday he said to me, "Eating a hamburger sounds gross"....can you believe it?? I've heard you can establish a new habit in 21 days....but usually we need more time to transform our minds... our thinking....and it is in our nature to look back and to long for some things in this life. Sometimes we forget about the benefits of doing the right thing or eating a healthy diet. It is a good idea to remind ourselves of the benefits of eating healthy and living a good and clean life.
Garbage in...garbage out...If we fill our minds with unclean thoughts, our actions will reflect this. If we fill our bodies with unhealthy foods our health reflects this too!
If you have a set-back, get back on the horse and continue to do what you know is right, remind yourself of your goals and of the positive results that you will reap by healthy living.
If we live a godly life in Christ Jesus we have a reward in heaven and this pleases God and we are at peace with Him. If we fail, He forgives us and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.
In my life, being at peace with God comes first and then peace comes to me as I live out His life in me.
The Bible tells us, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" 1 Cor. 10:31 My desire is to use my life and this body he has given me in a way that honors him. One way is by eating a healthy diet and not abusing my body with eating or drinking things that are bad for me. I find that when I do this, there are present benefits. Not that this is the goal, but this is the result. This is the law of sowing and reaping.
Please consider what you are sowing in your life today.

**************************

Coconut Noodles and Peanut Sauce

2 young thai coconut~meat only
click here to watch a video to show you how to open a coconut
Cut the meat into thin noodle like strips
set aside

Peanut Sauce
1/2 c. no salt, no sugar organic peanut butter
1 T. Braggs Liquid Aminos
1 dried hot red pepper
water to thin

mix in Vita-Mix until creamy. pour over coconut noodles and mix together
top with basil and or cilantro. I sprayed on a little more Braggs.


I am also enjoying my Kefir water

kefir water grains from Marilyn the kefir lady
1 qt. of water
1 c. raw sugar
1 T. rapadurra
1 c. coconut water

ferment 12-24 hrs.
remove grains by straining. start a new batch.
add chopped fresh ginger to kefir water and let sit until desired taste is achieved and then refridgerate.

Loads of probiotics...find out about Kefir from Don here
it might be more than you want to know. :)

My Coconut Milk Kefir is delicious and I'm on my way to make some waffles for the rest of the family using it.

Coconut Milk Kefir

Kefir grains
1 can of coconut milk (organic unsweetened)
I add some fresh almond milk also to make it add up to 2-2 1/2 c. of liquid
let set for 12 -24 hrs.
it's done...strain and begin again

Last night it got finished very quickly and my kefir exploded onto the counter like those 4th of July snakes that grow when you light them...hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...