Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday~Donut Holes and preparing for Monday.

I love Sunday's when we the whole family can attend church together for worship, teaching and fellowship.  My husband's crazy schedule for the last five years has made this extremely challenging and at times we were unable to attend for a great length of time. 
Jesus Christ is who holds my family together .  I pray that you  know Him! 

Now that I am a working moma/wife I have to be in the kitchen on Sunday's to make sure that my family has eats ready for the next couple of days.   So, today I made some veggie/mushroom soup to have in the crock for their lunch while I am working.  If your family is like mine..not everyone eats as much raw as I do.
I also have prepared roasted red pepper hummus or avocado for them to make sandwiches and a big bowl of romaine and other veggies ready for salad or sandwich fixins.
I also have Green Juice for my to-go bag in the a.m. I normally try to drink just liquids until mid-afternoon.

Veggie Mushroom Barley Soup~Not raw~this one is for the family
8 cups water
Seitanbacher veggie broth powder to taste~I kept adding more...
2 potatoes cubed
1 c. celery diced
1 c. baby carrots chopped
a few dehydrated green beans & zuchinni  & 1/3 c. dehydrated baby bella's I found in my pantry
1 can of muir glen diced tomatoes w/ garlic and basil
1/2 red onion diced
1/4 c. barley
2 cloves of garlic
1 T. parsley
1/4 t. thyme
3/4 t. oregano
1/4 t. basil
sea salt
braggs liquid aminos
lemon juice

My Eats for the day~

Smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, maca, lacuma, mesquite, cacao
32 oz of Green lemon/lime ginger~ade
(celery, spinach, lemon, lime, ginger and liquid stevia~juiced)

Lunch~ romaine wraps~spread w/ Rich Cheddar sauce, dulse flakes, shredded carrots, tomaotes and Braggs Liquid Aminos and tahini dressing
celery sticks

Snack~Amazing Green Grass Chocolate smoothie~ green grass powder, raw almond milk, banana, cacao, mesquite

Dinner~Kale Chips (from the dehydrator before they were done, so they are wilted, not dry)
Extremely lightly steamed (just to warm it a bit) broccoli w/  Braggs Liquid Aminos

I also made some of Ani Phyo's Raw donut holes.  My son has been waiting on me to make these for a year.
They remind me of Hostess Zingers.  Watch Ani make them here

1 c. almonds dry
1/4 t. sea salt
1 vanilla bean scraped, just use the seeds ( I used vanilla extract)
1 c. pineapple dried and sulfur free, chopped
1 c. dates pitted
3 T. shredded coconut and extra to roll them in

Chop almonds and salt in food processor and place in bowl
chop together dates, coconut and pineapple in processor ( I modified this part and it worked well for me)
mix all ingreds and make donut hole size balls and roll in coconut.  
store in a air tight container in cold storage.
Yummy~I ate three of these today!

I also have some Eggplant Bacon in the dehydrator

As you can see I posted twice today...the previous post was actually from Saturday......

I did get a reasonably good work-out  yesterday after setting up my room....
15 mins. on the rebounder, 20 mins. on the treadmill, 2 mins punching the reflex bag, 60 mins Hatha Yoga, ab roller, crunches and oblique work with a weighted ball.  I think I'll head back to the room after this post, but for just a brief hand weight set...don't forget to move.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...