Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bonfires and Refried Beans~raw of course!

We had a gorgeous day! Beautiful~ warm and sunny from noon until evening and then it turned cool. I had a full day today. After a dental appointment for my daughter we came home and off to the kitchen. I made green juice, carrot juice, Carrotopia smoothies, green dandelion smoothies,
fermented cabbage, more Eggplant bacon...cut up some cantaloupe for my hubby for tomorrow and some celery. I made some raw refried beans and some regular refried pinto beans for the family, chopped some tomatoes, lettuce and onions. Smooth sailing in the kitchen today....no stress and I got a lot accomplished. I love days like this. Afterwards, my two children and I went outside and cleaned up the yard by removing dead leaves from the flower beds and discarding last years stalks from a variety of flowers we enjoyed last year...and spreading the seeds. My son started a big Bonfire in the fire pit and we enjoyed it for a few hours this evening as the temperatures went back down. It was clear night and we could see a star filled sky.

I hope your day was full and and filled with love.


My eats for today~
a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, cacao
(I am forgoing all of the superfood powders for awhile to get things moving a little more rapidly...if you know what I mean)

16oz of green juice that I added a shot of muti-green kombucha to

BLT~eggplant bacon with tomato and veganaise on romaine...I ate several of these...I just cannot eat one
Fermented Ginger carrots

Carrotopia~frozen banana & pineapple, carrot, apple and ginger juice blended

Raw Burritos~romaine lettuce filled with raw refried beans, chopped tomato and sliced black olives
salad~romaine, tomatoes and Fermented ginger carrots

1 banana topped with chocolate sauce (cocoa, agave, vanilla and water to thin) and pecans

Raw Refried Beans~

4 c. soaked sunflower seeds~2 1/2 c. before soaking
2 T. powdered onion
1 T. cumin
1/4 t. cayenne
1/2 t. paprika
1/3-1/2 t. garlic powder
a few shakes of taco seasoning (frontier brand)
1 t. salt
2 T raw almond butter
3/4 c. water

Process until smooth...I put mine in the dehydrator for a couple hrs. at 105 degrees.

My family had regular refried beans I made in the pressure cooker~ 4c. of dried pinto beans, 1 red onion, 4 cloves of garlic, 1T. salt..cooked until very soft and blended in the Vita-mix, then back in the pot til they thickened up a bit....they had a tostada feast tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...