Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Gorgeous Day! Goodwill and FoodMatters....Eggplant Bacon Recipe Revision

I am truly enjoying my time off from work and this gorgeous weather is icing on the cake (raw and vegan, course).
Today my daughter and I had a brisk walk with the dog for about 35 mins. That is about the limit for my dog. Poor pooch, he is a bit out of shape. We do plan to remedy this. Our goal is to walk him daily. He loves it and it is a great time with my girly. Some day she plans to be a Vet. She is constantly sharing something new about the animal kingdom.
She and I are also doing Power 90 Bootcamp. At 13 yrs. of age I want to continue to encourage her to be physically active in a variety of ways.
Tomorrow is in-line skating at the park and a trip to Goodwill, to fetch some bargains. I believe we should be good stewarts of the things we are given. By shopping in thrift stores, I honor God by making the best use out of the money He gives us by providing through my husband and myself. This is also a great way to be environmentally friendly, by the process of recycling instead of filling up the landfills.
I buy work-out videos, kitchen gadgets, clothing, etc. I even found a Brand New, un-opened, "Food Matters" dvd

This is an excellent documentary. I watched it with my kids. Teach them young and keep educating yourself. You can go to their website for more information and to sign up for their newsletter.
Here are a couple samples from today's newsletter. "The Dangers of Dried Fruit" and it's connection to sulphur dioxide.
Also, you can check out, "New 60 Minute Report on Pesticides"

What we put into our bodies does Matter. It is what will fuel us today. Our energy level depends upon it, our productivity, our thinking ability, how we deal with stress and the direction we are taking our health. We are examples to those closest to us, our children, our spouse and our friends...maybe even those that are not close, but are in the same social settings. What kind of example are we exibiting? One that leads to health or sickness and obesity? I am not saying everyone needs to be thin, just that we should strive to eat for health. It benefits us and those around us.

So far today this is the food that mattered to me for my health~
a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, cacao, ice
16 oz green juice~celery, cuke, ginger,lime and liquid stevia
3-4 kiwi

Blended Salad/Soup~I'm gonna call this Coleslaw..it was so good.
4 baby carrots
2 large stalks of celery
romaine lettuce~I loosely filled my small Vita-mix container with this~after the other items
2 T. Tahini
lemon juice
Braggs Liquid Aminos
water to blend

I topped it with 1/4-1/3 c. of Fermented Ginger Carrots & shredded Dulse
and mixed them in....yum, yum, yummy!
Eggplant Bacon, tomato, Vegenaise, romaine roll ups

Lemonade~1 lemon, 1 squirt of liquid stevia, pinch of cayenne and water

Coconut Kefir Sundae~
in a bowl place~ (you may use whatever fruit you like or have on hand)
1 banana sliced
4 chunks of fresh pineapple
Pour over fruit~
cacao sauce~cacao powder, pure maple syrup, agave,vanilla and water to thin
top with raw pecans and coconut kefir this kefir is thick and fluffy like whipped cream...very yummy!

Eggplant Bacon Recipe Revision~
I find that the proportions of all the recipes I have tried is just too greasy...so here is what I made yesterday and it is perfect
4 med. eggplant~peel and slice on a mandolin in long strips like bacon
soak in a mixture of:( I blend mine in the Vita-Mix)
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
2 T. raw honey
2 T. agave
lots of cracked pepper

dehydrate overnight at 105 degrees



Blessings to you~

1 comment:

  1. I agree, what you put in your body matters a lot. Those are great links, thanks for sharing them.
    Your coconut kefir sundae is calling to me;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...