Friday, May 28, 2010

FRIDAY!!!!

It's Friday!!! For many this means..no work for the weekend. Time for family and friends. I have big plans for the weekend that I will tell you about in a future post...so after today, I'll be checking out for a few days.

My workout today has been YOGA X and a 40 min. power walk/run on the treadmill. Yes, I still love yoga. :)
I am beginning my fourth week with P90X. I have a bad knee so I've been exchanging out the leg routine with power running/walking and Yoga.
I want to encourage you to workout. Find something that works for you. If you have issues like me, don't give up...just modify. We are all unique individuals with our own special strengths and weakness, and that is okay.

My friend Nicole~aka~ "Fitness Freak", has posted a very good article on, "Motivation to Workout"
You don't need a gym to work out. On my sidebar are many free workout video links.

Today's eats~
a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, hemp seeds, chia seeds, hemp protein powder, mesquite, maca, lucuma, Amazing Grass Superfood~chocolate, ice

1 pint of celery/chard blend with ginger, lemon and stevia

Kale/Mustard Green Salad (big bowl)

AGS~smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, hemp powder, ice

coconut milk non dairy ice cream bar~mmmmmmmm...they are gone now..and I am good with that. I tried them, I love them, but it will be a good while before I buy them again. I get the same amount of pleasure from my superfood smoothies.

brown rice cake with chunky peanut butter (organic/no salt)
topped with crumbles of raw milk cheese

sugar snap peas
red pepper hummus
baked chips

KALE AND MUSTARD GREEN SALAD

1 bunch of kale
1 bunch of mustard greens
2 large green onions-diced..all parts
radishes sliced
green pepper diced
sugar snap peas chopped
pumpkin seeds
garlic...I like a lot
lime juice
olive oil
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Top individual servings with Broccoli Sprouts

massage greens, onion, garlic, lime and Bragg's until they are wilted and then add the rest of the ingreds. Let it marinate for a couple of hours
top with broccoli sprouts when ready to serve.
This is delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...