Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday~Layered Pea Salad & Broccoli Sprout Salad

I was able to stay home today. I love home...I am the original homebody, but somewhere in the seasons of life...life took me away from home more and more.
I was able to enjoy two meals with my familiy today. I love sitting down to good food and spending time with my loved ones.
I worked on my laundry, scheduling, meal prepping and laughing with my kids.
My two youngest taught me a little geometry during our school time.
I got to listen to both of them practice/play the piano. I do love the piano and especially when it is my children playing. :)

Yesterday I was drained...so...home was a good place to be today.


Today's eats

a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, Amazing Grass Superfood~chocolate, maca, lucuma, mesquite,chia seeds, hemp powder, ice

1 pint of green juice~celery, beet tops, ginger, lime and stevia

Lunch with my kids
lightly steamed asparagus from our CSA
layered pea salad~most ingred. were from our CSA
Broccoli Sprout salad

Amazing Grass Superfood smoothie~raw almond milk, AGS~choc, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp powder, mesquite, lucuma, ice

Dinner with my family~(they had a layered Mexican casserole)
fresh guacamole
fresh salsa
layered pea salad
a handful of corn chips

1 Amy's black bean burger
kefir water

LAYERED PEA SALAD

lettuces from our CSA~bibb and something else~torn and placed on the bottom of an 8 1/2 X 13 glass baking dish
shredded radishes~from the CSA
diced carrots
minced chives ~from the CSA
green onion chopped
1 bag of frozen peas
a couple handfuls of raw walnuts broken in pieces

topped with CHEEZY DRESSING I made up
1 16OZ jar of Vegenaise~olive oil and flaxseed kind
1/2 c. of nutritional yeast
1 t. mustard seed
water to thin

After layering the salad spread some of the dressing over it, but don't mix it up...place back in the fridge for a little while and then serve as is.
I have plenty of dressing left over for several salads

BROCCOLI SPROUT SALAD

1 pkg of broccolis sprouts
1-2 diced tomatoes
2 shredded radishes
minced chives

I drizzed olive oil and lime juice over it and mixed it with my hands
This is enough for a few meals


Power Yoga and 40 mins on the Treadmill of Power Walk/Running

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...