Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday...car trouble, raised beds and flowers

Today is the day my youngest daughter works with me. She doesn't really enjoy the work but it is usually a good time being together. Normally we go to the park for a walk/rollerblading or she rides her scooter. I neglected to take a change of clothes today. :(
I would have went ahead and walked but it was hot and extemely humid, so I thought I'd just go on home and walk around our neighborhood. I needed to stop at the bank and when I finished at the drive thru, I put the car in drive and it went in reverse. Wow!! What a out of body experience that was. I was thankful no one was behind me. I tried it again and it went forward in drive for about 1/10 of a mile and then I was stranded, until some man placed the shifter thingy back onto it's place...for a temporary fix to get me to the repair shop....No walk today...When I got home I worked in the flower beds planting flowers.
Yesterday my hubby and I went to Lowes and picked up some flowers that were on clearance.... 25,48 and 50 cents...pansies, ornamental grasses, assylum, coleus and three perennial flowers for $1.48 and $2.50 for a pot of calla lillies...we spent about $21 and came home with 104 plants
all of the plants were in great condition, a few were a little root bound...nothing a quick pinch at the bottom couldn't take care of.
This is how I fill my flower bed each year. Last year I was at a store and they were getting ready to throw away 2 or 3 flats of flowers and I told them I would like to buy them at a discount. They said they couldn't mark the down but had to throw them away because they were so bad...BUT...I knew with some water and pinching off the tops I could save them. They finally told me to just take them and promise not to try to return them for money...(not what I had in mind)...I had a multitude of flowers for free.

My son built me a raised flower bed last weekend. I am very excited about it. I think I'll be planting bell peppers and some greens. We are trying to find some good soil to fill it up. I keep reading the labeling on the bags of soil..... I don't want to plant my veggies in it. The last label I read, said something like they were not legally responsible for the quality or ? to do with the dirt...where did they get it??? some industrial agriculture farm..yuk!
I think I'm going to have my son dig up some of our yard. He will be thrilled when I tell him. :)


a.m. superfood protein smoothie

1 qt of green juice
bell pepper strips

Green Smoothie
1 head of butter lettuce
1 pint of strawberries
2T. raw almond butter
2 pkg of stevia

veggie sandwich

Amazing Green Superfood Smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, mesquite, cacao nibs, lucuma, chia seeds and hemp powder, ice

1 small piece of soy sausage with a drizzle of maple syrup

2 raw cherries w/chocolate sauce

red pepper hummus & Mary's Gone Crackers

4 1/2 hrs of vigorous house cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...