Friday, May 21, 2010

CSA week #2

Wednesday I got my second week of CSA goodies and thought you may want to know what you get early in the season in the midwest....

1 huge bunch of Swiss Chard (red)
1 large bunch of Kale
1 bag of mustard greens
1 head of Bibb lettuce
1 bag of mixed salad greens
1 large bunch of asparagus
bunch of radishes~ I ate the last of these today.
1 qt of Strawberries~these are gone!!!
bunch of green onions
large bunch of chives
variety of herbs~oregano, more chives, spearmint, peppermint, lemon balm

I'll try to post my goodies each week so you can get an idea of what a CSA includes.
Our CSA portion is listed as meeting the needs of a family of 4 eating a primarily plant based diet.
We can always order more items to our portions and pay additional $$ for them. Of course, this depends upon availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...