Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Favorite Kale Chips~for all my CSA friends!

My favorite Kale Chips! Thanks to Annmarie of RenegadeHealth.com My modifications are in parenthesis.

If you have been reading my blog, we have been getting a lot of kale and other greens in our CSA portion. One of my favorite things to do with kale are to make these kale chips. My whole family loves them and they never last long. I have also used swiss chard, which is not my favorite, but don't be afraid to try other greens this way. If they don't meet you taste bud standards...just blend them into a raw soup...and when you get to the bottom of the bag/container, use the rest as a nutritional season salt.
BTW~these are great after they have warmed up a bit in the dehydrator...sometimes we don't have many chips left because they are sooo good!

Raw Food Kale Chips

Annmarie got the idea from Rawbin at rawbinsrawbin.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

2 head Kale, Washed and Torn
¾ cup Tahini
¼ cup Tamari (I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
½ cup Water
2 scallions (I use dried onions)
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (juice of)
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast

Preparation:

Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth to get a thick consistency. You may have to add more water. Pour over kale and mix thoroughly with your hands to coat the kale. You want this mixture to be really glued onto the kale.
Place kale onto a Teflex sheet, on top of a mesh dehydrator screen, and dehydrate for 6 hours @ 115 degrees. You’ll need to use two trays. Rotate kale occasionally to dry uniformly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...