Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My 3 Day Liquid Feast

Well, I just spent the last 3 days drinking a liquid diet by drinking mostly juices and a couple smoothies a day. I have felt wonderful during this feast. My intestinal tract has been resting from it's usual activity and feels refreshed and I am now ready to move forward. I think I'm going to do this feast or a variation of it on a regular basis.

My husband has been watching and he wants to do a juice/liquid feast this weekend while he is off from work...so I'll be cranking out the juicer again. :) I'll keep you posted on how this works out for him.


I started out drinking carrot/celery/apple juice the first day.

Second day~more carrot juice and some spinach/chard/apple/lemon/ginger juice

Third day~ more spinach/chard/apple/lemon/ginger and beet greens/spinach/apple/beets/lemon/ginger
on the third day I ate a small amount of blended soup~spinach/tomato/celery/lime/dulse

Fourth day~ more of the beet juice from yesterday~
3c. of spinach/tomato/celery/lime/dulse -blended soup
1c. of spinach/celery/cilanto/lime/dulse -blended soup

celery stalks with a 1 T. of almond cheese (Valya Boutenko's recipe)~I only used 1/2 of the olive oil and lots of red bell peppers

Each day I have consumed smoothies~
fresh raw almond milk
banana
raw honey
vanilla
cinnamon

I did use 1 t. of organic coffee in my a.m. smoothie...I am not ready to let this go. My evening smoothie was more like a almond/vanilla milk shake

On each of the first three days I also consumed 1 quart of Penni Sheltons Virgin Mary..yum!

Each day I drank approximately 1 gallon of juice including the Virgin Mary's

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...