Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Salads


Rawpuchinno
16 oz carrot juice blend~carrots, celery, apple, ginger
16 oz green juice blend

Red/Green Blended Salad~ Christmas Salad!
Romaine
Bib lettuce
celery
roma tomatoes-2
cilantro
lime juice
1 heaping t. guac
1/2 c. beet salad
sprinkled with dulse flakes

This quantity filled up my small Vita Mix container before blending and made about 3 cups of soupy salad like a finely grated cole slaw texture

raw carrot cake cookie (see recipe link on sidebar)

Peanut Butter Smoothie
2 bananas
organic peanut butter
raw almond milk
honey
ice

Kale Chips~I am making them so they are not quite dry yet, but I couldn't resist (check the sidebar for recipe page link under recipes and topics)

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.
One item I made for my family was a Bean and Kale Salad(this is not on my menu but it is a good one)

BEAN AND KALE SALAD

clean and shred kale on the bottom of a large bowl and sit aside

In another bowl:
3 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained) FOR A RAW VERSION~use red and green lentil sprouts (red are my favorite~this could be labeled Christmas Bean and Kale Salad:))
1 c. of diced celery (helps to aid digestion)
1/2 sweet red onion
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/3 c. raw honey
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
salt to taste

mix together throughly and spread on top of kale, covering it completely..do not mix kale and beans together but let it sit in fridge overnight and then stir before serving. Be sure to cover it.
I have made this in the past with pinto beans, kidney beans and green beans instead of the black beans and also added red pepper instead of the carrots...I just make it with whatever I have on hand...the dressing is what really sets this this off.

** You could make this raw by using sprouted lentils..a combination of green and red lentils would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...