Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Wherever you are-be all there and Smile"

Today I had a shopping date with my youngest daughter. We had a great time just spending time together. I let her pick out an outfit for me and she loved being able to do that, so I bought it~which made her day.
Life seems so busy these days. I just cannot get hold of it. It keeps slipping away. I heard a great quote by Jim Elliot* that I keep close in my mind. "Wherever you are-be all there"...this rings at the back of my mind reminding me to look into my loved ones eyes when they are speaking, to not let the distractions of the going on to rob me of time with my loved ones and a loud voice that says pay attention to the people I meet.
Always placing more value on people than things. All this stuff around us will pass away, but people are eternal beings that matter and have value, so be kind to others because we are all struggling with something.
One of my Yoga intructors always closes our practice by saying, "The most important thing you will wear today is your smile, so remember to smile because it may be the only one that the people you meet may see today"
So today, I encourage you ~ "wherever you are-be all there"* and to smile at someone...or everyone!

Here is what I packed in my to-go bag for today's errands.

Rawpuchinno

28 oz of Superfood Smoothie

16 oz. Green Juice blend
Bib lettuce and almond cheese sandwiches~using the lettuce as the bread
Raw Crackers

Green Smoothie
spinach
banana
strawberries
cranberries
water

6 oz. fresh blackberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...