Friday, December 4, 2009

Greens and Hummus~and the Benefits of Celery Juice

I normally have several quarts of juice in my fridge, but I am out and need to do some juicing today. My favorites always include lots of celery. Right now I have three heads of celery waiting on me to juice. I will probably add some beet greens, bok choi, lemon and apples this time
Follow this link for the benefits of celery juice.


I feel great as far as my digestion goes since my liquid feast...which is a huge blessing. My digestive process is usually a constant issue, as I am aware of what is going on and prehaps have a little discomfort. It is usually nothing big and painful but just a constant awareness. I believe this is because in the past I have eaten corn chips with my raw soups. It may seem like a little thing, but the discomfort it brings is not a constant that I think I want. Along with this discomfort I am always on the edge of another attack if I add anything else to my diet that I know causes me distress, too many nuts or nut butter, avocado, etc. The nuts and avocado are okay in very small amounts with no problems as long as I am not consuming the chips or other non raw items.
I was listening to Penni Shelton give her testimony on Discover Kingdom Health the other night and she also battled with IBS for many years. She said something that really encouraged me and kinda empowered me. She stated that through her experiences she know that if she reverts back to eating like she used to that all her symptoms would return. I believe Penni has discovered what I am now discovering with IBS. This condition requires diligent attention to what we put into our mouths. With every action there is a reaction. So study yourself and find out what your individual reactions are when you eat and make the appropriate changes that meet your unique needs. We are not all the same and will not all react the same as we follow a raw food diet or any diet for that matter.


Rawpuchinno

Green Soup
1/2 english cucumber peeled
handful of organic cherry and grape tomatoes
2 oz organic cilantro
2-3 celery stalks
big handful of organic spinach
1/4 avocado
lemon juice
cayenne pepper
Blend and pour into a bowl
I put about 3/4 c. of Beet Salad in it

raw seed crackers with a little Macho Nacho Cheese

snack~
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie (recipe below)

supplements~ I take nearly everyday, I just don't post them~
b-12 sublingual, D3, multi w/digestive enzymes and probiotics

Rejuvelac lemonade

Supper~
2 c. romaine (organic) torn
2 celery stalks
Hummus (no beans~this is great if beans bother you~I call this the no gas version)

HUMMUS
~ recipe from "How We All Went Raw," Nungesser ad Malachi (see link on sidebar) page 70
in a food processor using the S blade add:
2 garlic cloves
1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raw tahini
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. water
1/3 c. extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
2 t. sea salt

Mix in the food processor on high until creamy.



GREEN JUICE TODAY~
3 heads of celery (organic)
1 bunch of beet leaves (organic)
3 c. Romaine (organic)
1 head of bok choi (organic)
3 gala apples (organic)
lemon juice fresh squeezed
ginger root (organic)
liquid stevia
1 1/2 c. water

this made about 3 1/2 quarts

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...