Monday, December 7, 2009

Juicing Day and Carrot Cake~the Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15

Today's fare~
Rawpuchinno
1 1/2 qts. Green Juice

Blended Salad~I made enough for lunch and supper
cherry and grape tomatoes/celery/cilantro/spinach/avocado/jalapeno
raw crackers and 1T. Macho Nacho Cheese...it is all gone :(

Peanut Butter Smoothie
Raw carrot cake cookie (recipe below)~I just ate this before dehydrating to make sure it tasted good. It has a light taste and not too sweet.

Cherry/Vanilla Smoothie
raw almond milk
banana
dark sweet cherries (frozen/organic)
vanilla
cinnamon
ice


I prepared 1 gallon of Really Really Green Juice today~
3 heads of celery
1 pound of spinach
handful of Swiss Chard
2 1/2 gala apples
ginger
lemon
water

I also juiced
5 pounds of carrots
1/2 head of celery
1/2 gala apple
ginger

Total juice for the next couple days: 1 gallon 1 1/2 quarts

I didn't want to see all that good pulp go to waste so I used the carrot pulp to make some kinda carrot cake/bread/cookie
they are in the dehydrator right now and I have some cashews soaking to make cashew cream cheese icing

Kathy's Carrot Cake/bread/cookie

Carrot pulp from juicing 5# of organic carrots
1 pineapple (I mashed up about half of it with my hands & the other half I blended in the Vita-mix)
1 c. raisins
3 c. of almond pulp from making almond milk
1 to 1 1/2 c. of soaked golden flax seeds
1 c. sunflower seeds
unsweetened organic dried coconut
allspice
cinnamon
Mixed it together and spread some on teflex sheets, some I made into cookie shapes and put a raw pecan on top.

I always use as much organic produce as possible. I do not always list when I am using organic. It gets a little redundant. I highly recommend that you use organic whenever possible. To help you determine the most important produce that you need to buy organic I have posted a list below with a link. Follow the link for more information.

These are the Dirty Dozen
Buy these organic
Peach
Apple
Bell Pepper
Celery
Nectarine
Strawberries
Cherries
Kale
Lettuce
Grapes (Imported)
Carrot
Pear

Here are the “Clean 15″ – the least amount of pesticides found, in descending order with the cleanest first:

- Onions (lowest pesticide load)

- Avocado

- Sweet corn (frozen)

- Pineapple

- Mango

- Asparagus

- Sweet peas (frozen)

- Kiwi

- Cabbage

- Eggplant

- Papaya

- Watermelon

- Broccoli

- Tomato

- Sweet potatoes

Source: Environmental Working Group; http://www.foodnews.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...