Monday, December 28, 2009

Looking ahead to the New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with your family and friends and that you took time out to remember why we actually pause this time of year. It is still the only day of the year when almost everything closes down to observe this day.

I hope that Jesus is a part of your everyday life.... because He is our Life and the giver of Life.

Now we are on the verge of beginning a new year. My hope for you is that the new year will bring you closer to God through Jesus Christ and this for the salvation of your souls.
This is my longing...to know Him more. Also, to stay balanced and not allow the things of this world to distract me from my purpose here on this earth. The Bible tells us to, "...Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" Mt. 6:33. May this be our goal for the new year.

I do plan on continuing to blog and post my eats with new recipes as we go into the new year. I may not post every day as I need to make sure that my priorities are in place and I do not rob my family of myself.

Since I began blogging I have consistently maintained a super high raw diet, about 98-100%. This is the best diet for me. Remember that each of us are unique and have differing needs according to our individual health concerns. I encourage you to eat as much organic raw fruits and veggies as you are able and can tolerate. Try to incorporate more of these items into your diet each week and eliminate the processed foods from your diet at a pace that will achieve your success.

Blessings and Peace to you from God above!


today's eats~
banana
lucuma/mesquite
raw almond milk

herbal mint tea

Carrot/celery/apple/ginger juice~24 oz

SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE 1 qt
raw almond milk
banana
green powder w/ probiotics and superfoods
chia seeds
cacao nibs
lacuma
mesquite

New Recipe today~

Kathy's Raw Cheezy Chips~my potato chip substitute

Daikon~sliced on a mandolin
sprinkle with
nutritional yeast
onion powder
salt of choice

mix together. you can eat these raw to get a water dense chip or dehydrate until crisp
*if you let these sit too long before eating they will get very wet

Raw Pizza
raw crackers
Rich Cheddar Sauce~recipe below
marinated portabella mushrooms sliced
marinated fennel and roma tomatoes

I also ate some sliced cukes on the side

Dessert/snack~ banana slices topped with chocolate sauce and pecans
chocolate sauce~cocoa, lucuma, mesquite, vanilla, water to thin

RICH CHEDDAR SAUCE
adapted from "Rejuvenate Your Life: by Serene Allison
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/4 c. water
1 c. raw cashews, sunflower seeds and/or almonds (soaked overnite)
1 T. tahini
2 T. nutritional yeast
1 1/2 t. sea salt
2 t. onion powder
1 clove garlic
2 T. lemon juice

blend until creamy. add more water if it is too thick. this will thicken after it is refrigerated

Marinated Mushrooms/fennel and tomatoes

clean and slice small portabella mushrooms place in a shallow dish (keep separate from tomatoes and fennel

clean and slice fennel in a food processor very thinly inluding the tops
clean and slice roma tomatoes thinly
place tomatoes and fennel together in another shallow dish

marinate both with Braggs liquid amino's and olive oil for at least 30-60 mins.

To make pizza's spread cheese onto crackers then top with other mixtures and make sure you get a little juice on the pizza also. Do not let these sit long because the cracker will get too soggy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...