Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday~Puppies and Receptions

We had another hot and steamy day here in Indy. It was a great day to be outside and enjoy God's creation with my loved ones.
Two days ago a puppy showed up at on our front deck. He appears to be an akita mix. He looks likes a little teddy bear. His hair is fluffy and his eyes are green. My husband wants to shave his body hair off to make him look like a lion. :)
We already have two big dogs and one of them was a stray/drop off..but puppies are so irresistible. He is so sweet and cries when he needs to go do his business. We figure he is about 12 weeks old, and that he is part of a litter that was dropped off out here where we live... we found out that a neighbor has a similar looking pet that she adopted that was a stray. In our community we have a lady who takes info about lost and found pets and so far...no calls...so it looks like we will have a new dog named Sidney. My daughter is thrilled!! Some day she hopes to be a Vet.
Sooo....this morning was time with the puppy and then off to a Wedding Reception for friends. It was a beautiful reception. They were actually married a week ago in Key West on the beach...so we watched their marriage ceremony on Video and the rest of the reception was a traditional wedding reception... Fun was had by all and the Bride was stunning.
We seem to be in a season of weddings and babies....our children's friends are getting married and beginning to have children....I forsee this as being a yearly thing for many years to come, since I still have two children at home. This is a great time of life...a time of new beginnings.

Today while at the reception I made a decision to partake of the cake in honor of celebrating our friends wedding. I try not to make my diet a do or die thing....so I was allowing myself a cheat....I have been eating good and feeling great, so I didn't think too much of this...until the pressure began in my eyes and my sinus below my eyes!!! SUGAR!!! UGG!
I really like feeling good, so I won't be doing this again.
The most important thing today was to be there to celebrate their marriage...it wasn't about the cake. :)
I have another wedding to attend next month...so, I'm going to plan ahead and make the decision not to eat the cake...but to bask in the joy of the Bride and Groom and their marriage..
It is always a good idea to plan ahead. When you do this it is easier not to make quick decisions that you may regret later....this applies to all areas of life.

~~~~~~
my eats today~
a.m. superfood smoothie

bowl of fresh blueberries/blackberries/strawberries

Kale/Swiss Chard Salad
Sun Dried tomato Pasta w/ garbanzo's(recipe below)
1 slice of Ezekiel bread with mustard a bit of raw cheese

at the reception~
plate of mixed salad greens that had a few dried cranberries and almond bits
piece of cake
water

Immediately after the reception my husband, daughter and I took a 2 mile power walk in this incredible humid/hot weather today...it felt good and I was hoping to burn the sugar off and afterwards the pressure in my eyes diminished

Crunchy Pea Salad
Beet Salad

garlic hummus and baby carrots


This pasta was so good I had to make myself stop eating it!!!

SUNDRIED TOMATO PASTA

mix together:
1 pkg of whole wheat spiral pasta~cooked and drained
handful of sundried tomatoes cut in thin slivers
drizzled pasta with olive oil
1 can of garbanzo's drained
and then added Sundried Vinegarette I made the other day...

this is all I remember about the vinegarette I made
Sundried tomatoes
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
lemon juice
water
irish moss to thicken
not sure if I added any additional spices...maybe some italian ones...I'll have to try to figure it out the next time I make it. :)..maybe basil and garlic

I blended this in the Vita Mix on until smooth and thickened. It made about 1 qt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...