Thursday, June 10, 2010

CSA share today! Wednesday

1 bunch of kale
2 heads of Bavarian lettuce
bunch of radishes
bag of mixed salad greens
large bag of sugar snap peas
large bag of shell peas
kohlrabi
bunch of green onions
bunch of asparagus
bunch of parsley
mints
basil
oregano

Whoo Hoo!!! look at all those green things!!
Our CSA farm seems to be doing great. I am very pleased with the harvest this year. It is abundant and I am actually having a little difficulty using everything, because I've not been home much lately. Tomorrow I need to get into the kitchen and do some prepping. I do buy other produce at the store to add a bit more color to our diet. I really like tomatoes, bell peppers and carrots and I usually eat these items every day.
tomorrow~
I'm thinking...layered pea salad, kohlrabi chips, tabouli, and asparagus soup...

Today my daughter worked with me so we only had a 3 hr workout...cleaning houses...then off to redeem our 30% off coupon at Kohl's for some summer wear. You might call trying on half of the store as a work out. lol. My daughter always wants to dress me when we go shopping.
Fun memories being made.

Today's eats~
a.m. smoothie~ 1 c. raw almond milk, 1/2 c. r/o water, 2 T. hemp seeds, 1 t. chia seeds, 1 Scoop of Amazing Green Superfood~chocolate, 1 T. cacao nibs, 1 t. each of maca, lucuma, mesquite.

2/3 c. blueberries

1 slice of gluten free bread
with leftover tuna 2 oz

cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, baby carrots, radishes
raw milk cheese

1 mini clif bar

Big Salad~bavarian lettuce, radishes, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, green onion, garlic powder, lemon juice, olive oil
1/2 c pasta w/organic tomato basil sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...