Friday, June 11, 2010

Need some Calcium~try this Salad

While reading blogs the other day I came across a salad similar to this..I don't remember whose it was or exactly what they included..but here is my version. While making it I realized it has loads of calcium, so for those asking me, Where do I get my calcium?


KALE AND SWISS CHARD SALAD~ CALCIUM SALAD

1/2 bunch of Kale~shredded
1/2 bunch of swiss chard shredded
super large green onion chopped
4" of garlic scapes or use regular garlic to taste
1 T. Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
handful of cherry tomatoes halved
1 can of organic garbanzo beans drained or better yet, make your own


I did not measure the lemon and olive oil...but it is close..I just eyeballed it.

massage all items (except the tomatoes and garbanzo beans)..until it is wilted top with beans and tomatoes and toss together...enjoy!!!
it is better if you let it marinate for an hour or so..but you can eat is right away

Sprinkle Gomasio on top for even more calcium

GOMASIO
makes 1/2 c.

1/2 c. raw natural sesame seeds
2 t. sea salt

Grind seeds into a crumbly powder and add salt
store in freezer or fridge


Chickpeas (Aka garbanzo beans)give you a whopping 49-53mg of calcium/100gms
Swiss Chard has 18mg per cup
Kale has 90 mg per cup
sesame seeds have 351 mg per 1/4 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...