Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Warming up and Ready for Boating!

We are having another 80 degree day! I'm going to go get my vitamin D on.

Last week I overworked my knee and caused some type of stress injury so, I have been laying off the squats. Boo hoo! I was ready to move on to P90X and now I have to wait. Instead of my regular routine I've been power walking everyday and practicing yoga. Today I did my sculpt routine without the leg work and my ab routine. At 48 yrs. old I am not trying to achieve some great athletic body but I do want to be fit and toned when we get out on our boat this year. We are hoping to put it in the water this weekend and I am looking forward to spending time with my family, relaxing and reading while enjoying the peacefulness of the water.


Today's eats~

a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, maca, mesquite, lucuma, cacao nibs
1t. instant organic coffee

coconut kefir water

Blended Soup~romaine, cuke, tomato, celery, tahini, lime juice, Bragg's Liquid Amino's or Nama Shoyu~blended and topped with diced tomato & shredded dulse


After my workout~
Protein/Green Superfood Smoothie~ 1 1/4 c. raw almond milk, banana, 1 scoop each of Amazing Green Superfood~chocolate and Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein powder, 1 T. cacao nibs, ice

These are two of my favorite add in's for a power smoothie!

I've got some Portabella mushrooms marinating in Bragg's, olive oil and agave. I'll have mine raw and grill the other's for the crew.
Side Dishes~ for me~the rest of my blended soup from earlier... and Brown rice and veggies for the family.

If you have any thoughts about nursing my knee, please post them below.
Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...