Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 2 of...High Raw...Intentional Eating for Energy and Well Being

I'm going to call my new approach to eating...Intentional Eating for Energy and Well Being. For some time now I have not been eating enough and have felt drained at times, therefore I will intentionally eat more and time my meals accordingly...for optimal energy.
As I wrote previously, I will be trying to eat at least 3 small meals and 3 snacks a day to re-set my metabolism and increase and maintain my energy levels throughout the day. I am also going to try not to eat so many sweet raw goodies..I will be adding more protein and some carbs by way of nuts, nut butters, cooked beans/lentils and rice cakes and Mary's Gone Crackers. I will still maintain a High Raw Vegan Diet, because I do best by eating this way. I have not been able to gain the muscle that I would like and my past experience and research indicate this is the best way for me to achieve my goal.

What are your goals??? Write them down...study to find out the best way to achieve them...and then Begin to move toward them. Pray for wisdom and direction and strength to carry them through. If you stumble, get up and keep moving toward the goal.

Today's eats~

a.m. smoothie~raw almond milk, frozen banana, mesquite, lucuma, maca, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs

rice cake with almond butter

Lunch~
nori roll~avocado, cuke, green pepper, a spray of Bragg's liquid amino's
romaine lettuce
strawberries, blackberries, kiwi

right before my workout I ate~ a mini chocolate brownie Clif energy bar..lunch didn't quite give me the energy to do a 75 min workout...I found a box of these at Meijers for 50% off...18 bars for $5.50..cheap, cheap...they do have soy...but they are very small...and it was very good and served the purpose...they are about half the size of their normal bar and it was just enough...I am going to have to get creative and make my own energy bars for between meal snacks and pre-workouts.




coconut water kefir
green pepper strips
1/3 c. pinto beans

Dinner~
1/2 c. pinto beans~topped with fresh salsa(tomato, jalapeno, garlic, lime, onion, cilantro,salt), chopped red onions with some Mary's Gone Crackers for dipping
Green peppers
coconut kefir water


snack~smoothie~1 c. raw almond milk~unstrained this time, 1/2 banana, Amazing Grass Superfood~chocolate, cacao nibs, mesquite, ice
this made about 1 1/2 cups


power yoga and Tony Horton Cardio...I'm still babying my knee

As I type this I hear my kefir bubbling like it is getting ready to explode!!! I do like it fizzy...but I don't want to lick it off the walls....better go check it out. :)

****By the way.I thought I better check out my Title, "Intentional Eating for Energy and Well Being"...well, the Bible says, There is nothing new under the sun....I found that there is a program out there titled, "Intentional Eater"
..what I am doing has nothing to do with this program..my title just seemed to describe what I am trying to do....I do not know what their program is...I just goggled it a moment ago after posting to my blog..so this is an edit.. :) But I'm not going to change my title....because I am intentionally changing some things about my eating patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...