Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kale Salad...Italian Mustard Dressing and Salsa Recipes

KALE SALAD

2 heads of kale cleaned and de-stemmed and shredded
red onion
garlic
pumpkin seeds
chopped tomato
olive oil
lime juice
Bragg's Liquid Amino's

This salad is best left overnight to marinate and soften.

ITALIAN MUSTARD DRESSING...I just made this up off the top of my head..good and tangy

1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. lime juice
1/8 c. coconut water vinegar
1/8 c. water
Italian seasoning blend
oregano
1 T. dijon mustard
water
Blend in Vita-mix

SALSA

In Vita-mix
2 large heirloom tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1/4 red onion
1/4 c. lime juice
2-3 garlic cloves
blend on #2
add:
chopped cilantro & one large chopped tomato & salt

These are a few recipes I've made in the last couple of days. I've been eating a lot of kale salad, smoothies and blended soups. I also got my jucing done for a couple days. I've been spending time with my family and watching my son work out in our yard, as he tries to re-create order and new design. We are giving him free reign to landscape our front yard and I am excited to see how it turns out this summer. I'll post before and after pictures when the project is complete.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy Kathy! The best part about becoming Raw is that you can get more and more creative in the kitchen the longer you do it. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...