Friday, July 30, 2010

Bi Monthly Co op order and our once a Month Bulk Produce Order

Today,  I've been back in the kitchen..after a 1 hr. power walk with my friend. 
First on the agenda was green juice...
6 bunches of celery
4-5 swiss chard leaves & stems
handful of beet leaves & stems
2 zuchinni
1 large cucumber
3 big chunks of ginger
lemon juice
liquid stevia

this juice is so salty...I got some really good celery from my Indy Fruits ( a ocal distributor~where we buy in bulk)
This make almost a 1 1/2 gallons of juice....my son is helping me drink this...Today he is working outside with my brother for his lawncare business...so this will be a good hydrator for him.

Yesterday, someone on facebook posted a sprout recipe...when I went back to try to locate it...I couldn't find it....so here is my version

Sprout Salad

1 container of alfalfa sprouts
1 container of broccoli sprouts
2 large carrots diced
3-5 celery stalks diced~mine were small so I used a lot
5 dried basil leaves~crumbled
oregano
2 cloves of garlic
lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil

mix and eat...

For my cooked food eaters~I made Organic whole wheat Fusili with organic marina sauce and Nate's vegan meatballs....


Indy Fruits ~Bulk order

1 case of organic celery
1 case of on the vine tomatoes
2 bags of organic granny smith apples
2 containers of organic strawberries
7# of organic Jewel Yams
I ordered 5# of clover sprouts but they were bad....wet and slimy....yuk...returned to distributor for credit~if you read my previous post you will know that I went to our local grocer and purchased several containers of alfalfa sprouts for 49 cents ea...I also got a couple broccoli spouts for 99 cents...so we are sprouting it up!!
alfalfa is sooo good in smoothies!

Co op Order

10# of 5 grain granola~my husband takes a jar of this to snack on while working his labor intense job
4 liters of Volcano organic 100% lemon juice~I got tired of jucing so many lemons...this is one of my time savers
1 case of Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas
2 liters of Napa Valley organic Extra virgin olive oil
Frontier taco seasoning.....this is great to make taco meat with walnuts or for southwest salad dressing
1 case of Guiltless Gourmet Baked yellow tortilla chips
I order 5# each of Daiya Cheeeses..mozz & cheddar...they were not on the truck...so I'll re-order with my other lady for delivery in two weeks

Fed Ex just knocked on my door and left me a package....I love to see UPS or Fed Ex drive up....
my husband's Nutri biotic Vanilla Protein Powder was on board.
I am also awaiting UPS for a delivery of Pines Wheatgrass powder...I recommend fresh pressed wheatgrass...but this is the next best thing...TIME is of the essence....Because I work a couple of  days a week and teach my daughter at home...need time with hubby and son, exercise...run a household...and I'm studying to be a naturopath....I have to make choices that fit for our home life ...  you don't have to do everything perfectly to eat heathfully...set your priorities....make God and People most important....then work out how you can accomplish your other goals with the least amount of stress...pray for wisdom...and remember not to compare yourself with others....

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding....
Seek wisdom from above.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...