Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Puppy Picture!! and Lemonade Julius

After my morning power walk today I came home and made this recovery drink from my leftover strawberries and blueberries from yesterday.

Strawberry~Blueberry Lemonade Julius

In Vita~mix or blender
2 c. of a mixture of fresh strawberries and blueberries
1 lemon juiced or 1/4 c. of 100% organic lemon juice
water level in Vita Mix container at 2c.
1 squirt of liquid Sweet Leaf Stevia
one handful of ice cubes

blend, pour and drink!!  Be creative with the fruits you have on hand for your Julius

I buy my liquid Stevia from Amazon subscribe and save and get two 4 oz bottles for $19.18.  This is a great savings and they bring it right to my door!



While drinking my Lemonade I made some Raw Almond Milk. Click here to watch a video showing how to make it.
I usually make a fruit salad for the family to graze on during the morning hours.  This one had strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango, heirloom oranges and the children topped it with unsweetened flaked coconut.




After our morning meals we headed out to run some errands and take our new puppy to the vet for his first check up. From there the pup had his first visit to the pet store for some treats and to pick out some toys.  He did great for his first car ride so we are hoping to take him with us from time to time.  Our other two dogs do not travel well and usually leave quite a mess in our vehicles. 
When we got home I needed some nourishment.  Pictured above is my blended soup~sorry the lighting was too bright.

Blended Soup

all the veggies were on my veggie tray from yesterday...so in the Vita Mix they went:
handful of cucumbers
carrots
celery
grape tomatoes
a piece of jalapeno
I added some lemon juice
Blend

I topped my soup with Annie's Goddess Dressing and Dulse Granules

Annie's Goddess Dressing is the best bottled tahini dressing I've ever eaten.. This can be used as a dip, dressing or added to pasta salad. You can purchase this at the subscribe and save cost of $20.12 for 3 one liter bottles or pay $3.99 at the grocery store for 8 oz. so if you figure it out...you are only paying $2.39 cents for 8 oz....that is a savings of $1.59 per 8 oz bottle or you can look at it this way...if I bought the the total of 3 one liter bottles at $3.99 per 8 oz I would end up paying $50.57 or I could do subscribe and save and pay $20.12  and I save $30.45..  This is why I love subscribe and save!!!!  If you can not use that much dressing or whatever you do on subscribe and save, find someone else to share the cost and the savings!
If you follow the links below look below the pricing for the subscribe and save link to get this savings.
Same goes for the Liquid Stevia...subscribe and save cost is $19.18...one bottle at $9.59 or go to the store and pay $15.99 or more....Subscribe and Save...Thanks Amazon!!!



This is Sydney, they think he is between 4-5 mos old and an Australian Sheep dog and Border Collie mix. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Thanks for the recipes Kathy! I'll be making the Julius for sure. I really need to try the blended soup thing. I have yet too as I am not much of a cooked soup fan either.

    What a cutie pie your new dog is! He looks like he'll be pretty good size. He looks very cuddly : )

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...