Friday, July 16, 2010

Kitchen Duty and Lots of Recipes!

My young daughter is not feeling well today and wanted  a Banana Split Cacao Chip Smoothie this morning.

Banana Split Cacao Chip Smoothie~

1 can of organic unsweetened coconut milk
4 banana's (small -med)
2 c. frozen strawberries (you might want more)
2-3 T. cacao nibs
2 T. honey
1 scoop of. vanilla protein powder

blend until smooth.  You want it to be a nice pink color. I didn't measure my ingreds.  these are approx. measurements.

For lunch she wanted some un chicken noodle soup~so I threw this together



Un-Chicken Noodle Soup

4 c. water
2 heaping T. of Seitenbacher Veggie Broth Powder
1 T. of parsley
small handful of shredded cabbage (I already had this on the counter~thot it was a good addition)
dash of poultry seasoning
brought this to a boil~then simmered until cabbage was al dente
then I added
1/2 c. of cooked spaghetti noodles I already had on hand (leftover peanut noodles in the fridge)

This veggie broth is available thru subscribe and save for an additional 15% off.  This is an item I keep hand for quick seasoning for all kinds of soups, salads and roll ups and seasoning salt.


For some reason the picture didn't take well???...anyway, my daughter was happy.


Lately I have been neglecting my kitchen duties...we have plenty of raw foods...fruits, veggies etc.  But as the week went on I have not really been preparing dishes.  We have been eating all the leftover soups and salads...so when my hubby got home last night he was ready for something different.  I didn't have anything new....so today is kitchen duty
I am thankful for my hardworking husband who provides the $$$ so that we can eat this way.  BTW~He is still high raw, looking good and maintaining his weight loss.



Raw Corn Salad

4 small ears of yellow/white corn-cut from cob and raw
1 red bell pepper corsely chopped
1/2 of a red onion diced
cilantro
real salt & pepper to taste
balsamic vinegar


mix together and let marinate in fridge


This is one of my family's favorite recipes of mine. The type of potatoes I use vary depending on what I have on hand.  But the favorite around here is Yukon Gold. Today I used the taters I received from my CSA share

Warm Mustard Potato Salad

8 small red potatoes with skin ~cooked & diced in med chunks
8 small white potatoes with skin~ cooked and diced in med chunks 
1/2 small red onion chopped
10 baby carrots sliced in salad shooter
1/2 c. Dijon mustard
Vegenaise to make a smooth consistency or you can use a Raw almond mayo
salt to taste
1 T. dried Dill~key ingredient!!!
1 t. onion powder

mix together eat it warm and put leftovers in fridge for a cold potato salad

Raw Almond Mayo Recipes



                           

BLACK BEAN SOUP


BLACK BEANS 
(I forgot to soak them so I par-boiled them in the pressure cooker~drained them and added enough water to cover.. placed them in the crock pot

in the Vita-mix set on #2
I placed:
1 yellow onion quartered
7 cloves of fresh garlic
ran it til it was chopped nicely and added it to the crock
added:
1 piece of Wakame

Cook until done.  These will last for a few days.  Each day I usually change them up a bit by adding a new spice or other ingred...like tomatos, rice, taco seasoning..etc






My Lunch

After a morning in the Kitchen I decided to sit down and eat some of my making's
Pictured is a plate of Kale Salad topped with Raw Corn Salad and a side of Dilly Garbanzo Mash~I spinkled Dulse all over it after I took the picture.


Dilly Garbanzo Mash

2 c. Garbanzo's cooked and drained
~I season mine with onion and garlic while cooking
celery diced
dill~very important
dried onions
real salt to taste
a bit of Vegenaise to moisten ~or Almond Mayo



I have one more salad to make for dinner...but it cannot be made ahead....Avocado is a key ingred...don't want a brown salad




This picture was taken the a couple weeks ago...the cabbage salad is in the top right

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...