Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CSA share and Shopping Extravaganza

CSA Share today~(pre-paid at the beginning of the season)

2 bunches of beets with greens (one was an extra someone didn't want~can you believe it??)
1 yellow onion
1 large bag of zuchinni
1 bag of potatoes
1 bunch of basil
1 bag of cherry tomatoes
2 large cucumbers
1 pint of blackberries
12 ears of sweet corn
chives
celery cuttings
lemon balm


Grocery Store
2 ~5ct. bags of avocado's @ $3.55 ea
2 pineapples @ $1.49 ea
10 pintsstrawberries @ 99cents ea
12 pints blueberries @ 1.29 ea
seeded watermelon $3.99
seedless watermelon $2.89
red onions

Sam's Club
2-5# bags of frozen blueberries @ $7.58
5 bunches of banana's @ $1.39 ea
organic spinach $ 3.97
2 bags romaine lettuce @ $2,.98 ea
6 ct. yellow/red/orange sweet bell peppers @  $6.98
5 # bag of clementines @ $6.48
2 ct, organic celery @ 1.89  ea
3 containers of cherry tomatoes @ $1 ea.
4 bags of spinach on clearance for 99cents each~for my green smoothies


I also re-filled 36 gallons of R/O water in my 5 and 1 gallon jugs

My kids helped me put all of this stuff away....so I did not get a picture~ and at this point I don't want to get it back out for the camera....
you might ask...where do I keep all of this produce....in my refrigerator'S of course.  My mother gave us an extra one and then we also purchased a couple more over the years....When we decided to eat this way we decided it was worth the investment.  We also live far enough away from the city that we do not want to make frequent trips to town .....I also co op and buy in bulk twice a month.  This is what works for my family...your situation may be different.

1 comment:

  1. I have been seriously considering a second fridge for that very reason Kathy. Great produce!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...