Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gearing up to Work-out!

 My oldest daughter has vacated her bedroom, which opens up more space to use our creativity.  My youngest child has moved into the vacated room,  so we have made the smaller bedroom into a mini-gym.  Last year I moved my gym to the sunroom, but it is not heated so it has gotten little use since the cold weather began.  We now have a treadmill, workout bench and weights, Needak rebounder and two other rebounders up against the wall, the reflex bag and a small t.v. for workout videos and my Yoga/pilates/The Firm video collection in a tiny room. I have one of those over the door shoe- holder bags filled with various  elastic straps and other hand weight gadgets and on the floor. My  hand weights and an ab roller are in a corner.  Stacked in another corner are several mats/cushions and yoga bags.

I cannot stress enough how important body movement is to our health.  Click on the links below to see the benefits of :
rebounding
yoga
pilates
walking
stretching
weight-bearing exercise: 8 workouts for strong bones

Get your body moving...find an exercise that you can enjoy so that you will continue to do it. 
Get your children involved.  I take my youngest rollerblading when I take my walks in one of our local parks.  We always keep her blades & gear in the car so we are ready anytime we are out running errands and I find that I have at least 1/2 hr. to spare.  She enjoys this and so do I...quality time in more ways than one.  Of course we only do this in warmer weather...I can hardly wait!!!

Today's eats`
Smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, Amazing Green Grass Chocolate, mesquite, lacuma, maca, hemps seeds, chia seeds, cacao
48 oz of Green Lemonade

Spring Rolls~ 1~avocado, shredded carrots, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, dulse, tahini dressing
this made two spring rolls

Lettuce Roll ups~Rich Cheddar Sauce, shredded carrots, red bell pepper, dulse, grape tomatoes

celery &; grape tomatoes

Superfood almond truffles

Green Ice Cream~thanks to A Bitt of Raw...go here for her recipe
fresh mango
frozen banana
spinach
hemp powder
Blend in Vita-mix~this would probably work in a food processor...I had to add a couple ice cubes..It works better with frozen mango

I topped this with carob syrup (carob & agave and  little water to thin) and hemp seeds for a nutty texture




Rich Cheddar Sauce  by Carmella from Sunny's Raw Kitchen


Adapted from "Rejuvenate Your Life" by Serene Allison



1/2 large red bell pepper

¼ c water

1 c raw cashews, sunflower seeds, and/or almonds (I use a mixture of these and soak them overnite)Kathy says I used only soaked macadamia nuts....very creamy!!

1 T tahini

2 T nutritional yeast

1 ½ teaspoon sea salt

2 teaspoons onion powder (or a small slice of onion or 1 tbs or so of green onions)

1 clove garlic

2 T lemon juice



Blend until creamy. Add more water if it is too thick.
 
 
My husband is still hangin in there...today he is doing a Green Smoothie fast~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...