Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Friday Night!!! Yeah! Carrotopia!

My eats today~
a.m. Smoothie~raw almond milk, banana, maca, lacuma, mesquite, cacao, chia seeds, ice

16oz Green lemon/lime gingerade

Blended Salad~2 roma tomatoes, 3-4celery stalks, romaine, water...a blended and kinda chunky soup topped with tahini dressing and hemp seeds..this made about 3 cups

Amazing Green Grass Chocolate Smoothie~1 1/2 c. raw almond milk, 1 1/2 banana, 2 scoops of Amazing Grass powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao, mesquite, ice....this made about 28oz...

Eggplant bacon/lettuce/tomato with a little vegenaise


For the last several days I have overindulged in my donut holes & kale chips.  As I said in an earlier post only make a double batch if you have self control. You can eat too much of a good thing.  :)  Too many dates and nuts and dehydrated foods do not agree with my sluggish colon especially when I am not eating enough water dense fiberous foods.
A little colon cleansing was in order and getting back to what works.   Blended salads are my friend and I love them, so you should be seeing me post them more often.  
Balance is the key...balance your diet with loads of nutrient and water dense foods first and then treat yourself, but don't make the treats your major food group.  :)

My children and I visited a Health Food Market yesterday.  I enjoyed a Ginger Zinger~carrot, beet, apple, lemon and ginger juice..love, love, love it!!! I also had a smoothie called,
"Carrotopia"~ frozen banana & pineapple with 1 carrot, 1 apple and ginger juice...yum, yum, yummy!  This was my lunch and it was
delicious!

My wonderful husband is getting ready to add a work out regimen to his healthy diet.  The big day is March 1st, so I'll be joining him.   It is easier when you have support/community.  Remember to move today.  I didn't have much time to exercise today, but I did go on Yoga Journal and did a 12 mins practice, which is something and something is better than nothing.  As a Christian I do not endorse or adhere to everything spiritual that you will find in Yoga.  I use Yoga as a practice for strength, toning and stress relief.  I do focus on Jesus Christ during my practice as I worship and thank Him for His grace towards me.  I have found Yoga to be a great exercise to bring calmness to my busy life.
My husband and I will be utitilizing  Beachbody Power 90 - 2 DVD Set with Tony Horton (The 90 Day In-Home Boot Camp for Total Body Transformation)  along with a variety of other things for our workouts.
 
My husband weight loss has been great and his appearance is changing along with many other positives.
He no longer grunts when he puts his shoes on or takes them off.  He has lost a few inches in his waist which accounts for this.  He continues to comment about how much better he feels.  Many guys are still asking him about his green smoothies.  He has me scheduled to make a batch to take to work next week for his fellow workers to try.  I am pretty excited about this!!!  It is great to be able to share with someone that they don't have to be sick and there is a better way. 
Remember~other people are watching~what is the message you are sharing by your actions?
Is it love and goodwill? or __________?  you fill in the blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...