Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 7 of my Husband's Cleanse and Juice Feasting begins tomorrow!

My husband is still singing! He has set his goals and is moving towards them. Last night the chips were calling him, but when I mentioned that there are some of you out there cheering him on, he was encouraged and passed them up. Community is so important! Thanks to my readers!

Today my hubby had~
32 oz of Green Lemonade

Large salad~red leaf, carrots, celery, cilantro, avocado...I topped it with some black bean soup
Raw crackers

Dinner box (packed on ice)
2 green smoothies
1 cantloupe
carrots
celery
2 pears


My eats today~

Smoothie~ raw almond milk, banana, maca, mesquite, lacuma, cacao, chia seeds, ice

38 oz. Green Lemonade

Blended Salad ~leftover from yesterday w/ a couple of raw crackers

Green Ice Cream~This idea came from A Bitt of Raw~I modified mine
fresh banana, frozen mango, spinach, goji berries (she added protein
powder)

Zuchinni Hummus and 4 cuke slices

1 banana with chocolate sauce

In preparation for my husband and my juice feast tomorrow I went ahead and juiced a couple gallons of green lemonade. Drinking your juice fresh is optimal but circumstances usually have an influence on when I make my juice. If I drink my juice within 48 hrs. I do not notice much of a difference in taste. Realize that once the produce is juiced it begins to oxidize and lose nutrients. Therefore I fill my glass jars to the very top and secure the lids and place it in the coldest part of the fridge. Just make sure it isn't too cold or they will freeze and burst. Been there, done that!

I will also be jucing grapefruit/orange/ginger juice; carrot, pear and ginger juice.
I have some watercress, cilanto,spinach, red leaf, romaine and parsley in the fridge that I will probably utilize along with 30 bunches of celery, 2 lbs of ginger and 25 lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...