Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back to a new Reality

Life is always changing, of this we can be sure. I started working outside of the home on Monday after a 20 year leave. I am blessed to be my own boss and I will only be working 2 days a week, but nevertheless, it is a change. As this change comes I am embracing it and looking forward to how God will use this in my life and the life of my family to bring about His purpose. I believe we need to always be looking above to our Creator and resting in His plan for our lives, even when we don't know where it will take us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the festivities of my daughter's wedding I allowed myself the freedom to not feel bad about some food choices I made. I did not go crazy or go back to a Standard American Diet, but I did have some wedding cake and some seafood. I am ready to get back to my regular diet though. I really prefer to eat an extremely High raw vegan diet. I have not had any adverse effects from those indulgences, but I just did not feel as good as I normally do. Also, when I worked Monday I felt like I was dragging.


Today I ate & drank~

Smoothie~almond milk, banana, maca, lacuma, mesquite, raw cacao
32 oz. Green Lemonade

Salad~romaine, grape tomatoes, celery, red onion, red sweet pepper and Penni Shelton's Lime Cilantro dressing (I added 1/2 avocado)
topped with 1/2 c. black beans & a few blue corn chips

8oz Carrot/apple/lemon/ginger juice

Leftover salad

2 Superfood balls (recipe on sidebar or below)


My husband is back on the wagon too! I enjoyed falling off a bit too much. Sometimes once you begin to indulge it can start those old cravings and this is what happened to him over the last few days. He gained about 4 lbs. but he has already lost all but one pound in two days.

Husbands eats today~

1 cantaloupe
1 green smoothie

Large salad (same as above) except he had a bowl of black bean soup

packed to dinner on the road tonight~ (he is a trucker so he drives long hours)

1 cantaloupe
2 kiwis
2 bags of carrots
1 bag of celery (these are sandwich baggies)
4 green smoothies ~ water, spinach, pears, handful of mango, banana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...