Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pea Salad & Lettuce Boats


Pea Salad

1 bag of organic frozen peas from Trader Joe's
1/2 red onion coarsely chopped
3 radishes cut into matchsticks
1 large clove of garlic minced
drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil
generous amount of organic balsamic vinegar

mix & let marinate for a bit

Lettuce Boats

romaine lettuce leaves
spread thinly with Vegenaise
topped with diced heirloom tomatoes & red onion
sprinkled with dulse granules


 I garnished my plate with organic red bell peppers strips


since I began this phase of my journey back in April of this year I have gained muscle mass, strength and  increased energy.  The conclusion of this matter is you must eat sufficient amounts of healthful foods to flourish..and to time your meals according to your energy expenditure levels.
Prior to this phase I was not working outside the home, nor were my exercise routines consistent...therefore I required less food &  had less muscle mass/strength...sounds like common sense, huh...??.  If you are lacking energy and not where you would like to be physically, I encourage you to make a committment to begin working toward this goal.  Do your research, know your body and work out a plan or find someone to help guide you in the right direction....Get started.....be an example to other's...and if you have children...be a good example to them...
I've heard it said...."Whatever you do in moderation, your children will do in Excess"...scary thought....take it to heart and begin to make positive changes today.

Be the change you wish to see in the world~Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...