Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's a Green Day, Thankfulness & Contentment

Another busy day on the homefront. Early dentist appointment and then off and running.
When I picked up our CSA I got a surprise, we will be getting double portions for a total of three weeks. What a blessing! Tonight when my son got home he had stopped by our pick up location to visit a friend and she sent home another bag full of extra veggies.

From there my youngest and I went to the park for a sunshiny time of walking and rollerblading.

Upon returning home I was back in my kitchen...
when I was a child I used to stand in the kitchen next to my grandma and watch her prepare many, many meals. The smells were wonderful and she always seemed to take pleasure in blessing her family. I adored my grandma and wanted to be just like her. She made everything from scratch and hardly ever measured anything...my grandma was a simple woman, not driven by discontent. She and my grandfather lived a very simple life...no frills, just LOVE and family....when I think of her I think... LOVE...I can still feel the softness of her skin~~~ in my mind, I think of brushing her hair as she sat in her chair nodding off...I often think of her while I am in my kitchen...I really love to be in my kitchen and find so much pleasure there preparing meals that nourish..it is a good thing because that is where I find myself most of the time..
I hope that you are content where you are...contentment and peace are sisters...God has showered us with many blessings...one is the breath of life..may we remember to be thankful for this and then build thanksgiving upon this first gift that He has bestowed upon us until our thankfulness to Him is overflowing because of His abundant kindness towards us.

Below are some things I made today~
:)

RED DETOX JUICE


1/2 bunch of beet greens
1 cucumber
1/2 bunch of cilantro~ cilantro is known for it's ability to remove heavy metals from your body
1 bunch of celery
a couple of cabbage leaves left over from a salad I made today
3 lemons
2 limes
1 thumb of ginger
5 Squirts of liquid stevia
2 c. water

for the health benefits follow this link 
for the benefit of beets click here


CABBAGE SLAW

1/2 head of cabbage
4 stalks of celery chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
jalapeno chopped
guacamole
squeezed lime
nutritional yeast to taste
veggie broth powder to taste
top with sunflower seeds


BROCCOLI SALAD

1 bunch of broccoli chopped
bunch of chives chopped finely (I usually use red onion but I didn't have any)
handful of raisins
handful of sunflower seeds

Dressing for Broccoli Salad

1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c. raw honey
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt optional

mix into salad and let marinade for a few hours before serving


Today menu for me~

16 oz. green lemonade
rawpuchcinno

blueberries, mango, orange slices topped with walnuts


Lunch~ Cabbage slaw & banana suprises (recipe in previous post)

on the run & stopped at Quizno's (first time I've been there)
my daughter got a veggie sub

wheat bread
tomato, mushrooms, lettuce, pickle, red onion sprinkled with spices and vinegrette & toasted
I had a few bites and was impressed, it was quite tasty

I was still hungry when I got home and finished off the cabbage slaw with a few corn chips and a couple baby carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...