Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Peace

It has been a great day. I am sitting and drinking green lemonade and having a bit of dessert...

BANANA SUPRISES

sliced banana's drizzled with carob syrup (carob, raw honey, vanilla and enough water to thin it out) topped with a pecan!

I told the kids we were having candy. My son got a plate full and my youngest just wanted to lick the plate of syrup when we finished. :)
This morning I went to a Bible study and then had lunch with my favorite aunt. Afterwards I stopped by the store. I found a gorgeous bunch of beets with greens, fennel, cilanto, cabbage, cucumbers, wheatgrass, lemons, limes, grapes, oranges, bananas, and watermelon chunks for my hubby. I am looking forward to a week of juicing most of the veggies above and try out some new combinations. Tomorrow I will pick up my CSA share, it will be double for the next two weeks since we were absent for the last two pick ups. So that means times two of everything in the following list. We are expecting lots of greens :)
spinach, kale, lettuce, sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli, peppers and watermelon. We also get extras~arugula, basil, lemon basil, chives, hot peppers and second peppers. If you are not part of a CSA (community supported agriculture) group. I encourage you to look into it. I have been part of one for five years and Lord willing hope to continue to support my local farmer for years to come.

I finally got to return to the gym today for 45 mins on the cross runner and some strength training with weights. It felt good. I didn't get the same kind of exercise while I was away and I am hoping to getting back into my workout routine at home with one day a week at the gym.
I have noticed that I am not able to fall asleep as well when I am not working out on a regular basis. I also notice that the intensity of my workouts affects my sleep. When I was spending an hour and a half 4-5 days a week working out I could go right to sleep. Now I stay up late and don't feel ready to sleep. Time for a change.

Todays eats~

green lemonade
rawpuchinno

green lemonade
greek salad
very small piece of whole grain baguette

banana/cashews (snack before workout)

blended salad 3 cups~ romaine, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 red bell peppers, radishes, carrots, purple cabbage, sun dried tomato dressing, chia seeds
1/2c. rice/beans

snack green lemonade & banana suprises (recipe above)


As I read over my notes above I cannot help but think about my spiritual life. My spiritual life is affected just like my body is affected by what I put into it and how I exercise myself through daily choices that I make.
When I eat healthy, exercise, get proper rest, sunshine and drink clean water I have peace in my body... I sleep well, have good digestion, energy and a general sense of well being...this is the fruit of my choices
When I feed my spiritual life with the Word of God, prayer, meditation, confession of wrongs and fellowship with other like minded people...I have peace with God, myself and others and I am inclined to make good choices..ones that please God...this is the fruit of my choices

What kind of choices are you making today? Do you have peace in your life?
Do you have peace with God? He made a way for you to have peace with Him...His name is Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The Bible says He is our Peace.
If you want to know who He is....get a Bible and read the book of John...you can go on line at biblegateway.com and find it there.
Peace be with you............

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...