Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rest, listening and tomorrow is another day....

Lack of sleep does the body and mind bad...I am so exhausted. So tonight it will be an early one and hopefully this will begin a new routine. Sleep allows the body to detox and heal. If we don't give the body ample time to perform these functions we are not in optimal health. It will show up in many ways.....Stress, dark circles under eyes, compromised immune system, inability to respond properly, adrenal function , memory...these are just a few areas. Every night our bodies are assimilating the nutrients we feed it,detoxing and ridding the body of wastes and healing and rebuilding, so if we are lacking in proper rest these things are not occuring as they should.
I need to make this area a priority for myself and to be an example for my children so that they do not create life long habits that will affect them in adverse ways.

Take time to examine your sleep and rest habits. Take time for yourself to rest and restore this temple you live in...time to reflect on God's goodness for giving you life and breath and remember... wherever you are to be all there. It is easy to be somewhere in your mind and miss out on what is going on in the present. Take time to listen to God, to your husband and to your children if you have them and/or to your friends...look them in the eye and really listen. We all need to be validated. Be still and listen today.

Another note~when we are tired it can be easy to compromise what is really best for ourselves.
I was really struggling to stay awake this morning in church. Not good. I was missing out.
Therefore as the day went on and I had to continue in it, I choose to boost myself with some caffeine. This only taxes the adrenals more. It elevates the stress hormone cortisol and tells the body to store fat. This is not really what I want my body to be doing, but by my choices this is what I have told it to do. At the end of the day I also added some salty fat, those nasty potato chips. I am looking forward to getting those things out of my house.
Fortunately when we stopped by the store to pick up more watermelons for my hubby my children told me to stop buying the chips and get watermelon instead!! Yeah!! This makes it much easier for me. Our trip to the store brought home some watermelon, grapes, lemons, limes, pineapple and 10 bunches of celery!! Check this site out for the benefits of celery juice and you will see why I drink so much of it http://www.naturalnews.com/024596_celery_blood_salt.html


tomorrow is another day....
but for today this is how I choose to eat...

16 oz green lemonade

strawberries & blueberries

coffee frappuchino!!!

Chipotle~ veggie salad~romaine, small amount of black beans, grilled peppers & onions, pico de gallo, guacamole and some chips

1 bottle of multi green kombucha...I love this stuff!!! gingerade is still my favorite
handful of greasy potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...