Monday, September 28, 2009

Vacation~ Cafe 118 & Pasha

green lemonade
1 bunch of celery
6 oz of spinach
2 lemons
1 lime
thumb of ginger
5 squirts of liquid stevia
2 c. r/o water

WOW! This is one of my best lemonade's yet as I sit here drinking it and typing.

I've been in Florida for the last two weeks. The weather was great..hot and sunny with only one morning that we couldn't go out because of the rain.
Our first week we spent in Orlando, Florida at Orange Lake Resort. www.orangelake.com
This was a great time for the whole family....Lazy river, miniature golf, regular golf for the guys, swimming, movies, fitness equipment at two locations within the complex, restaurants and grocery stores... lots of activities available..a shuttle bus to take us anywhere we wanted to go within the complex. We really had little need to leave for anything.
I brought some groceries from home to get us started and then off to the grocery store to stock up.
I had my green juice everyday, thanks to my trusty Vita-Mix and nut milk bag. I ate mostly raw with the exception of my corn tortilla chips. I did indulge in Starbucks and a wanna be frappuchinno.
We had a wonderful dinner and desserts at Cafe 118...pictures coming soon. Everything on the menu is raw, organic and delicious. One of children, my husband and I had stuffed peppers. For dessert I had a pumpkin tart. My son had lasagna and still is talking about how good it was. He had key lime pie to finish it off.
My other daughter had the Pad Thai, which was delicious...I finished hers off. Desserts for everyone else were a delicious S'more, a Berry Parfait and a smoothie...I have to say the S'more was supreme!!! This place was a little pricey, so be prepared if you go...it was a classy place, everything was good...it was definately a gourmet raw restaurant.
Our second week we spent on Ormond Beach at the Ocean East Resort. We had very nice accomodations there as well. http://www.oceaneast.com/
Green & high raw everday. I did have a slice of pizza on Thursday night and Friday we went to Pasha Middle East Cafe http://pashacafedaytona.com/
I was moaning the food was soooo good. My oldest daughter was a bit embarrassed, my husband was pleased. It is a rare thing for me to go anywhere and enjoy a meal that the whole family can enjoy also. My husband and children had falafal wraps or gyros and we shared the other items..cabbage rolls, tabouli, hummus and pita bread..everyone was happy!!
I ordered a Greek salad, one falafal with tahini dressing and I splurged and had a small piece of Baklavah...it was my birthday. This food was amazingly delicious and easy to digest..if I had eaten this meal anywhere else it would have been a digestive disaster. If you are not 100% raw and are a vegetarian or not.. I would highly recommend this place. The cost was reasonable.

Today I had
16 oz of green lemonade
Rawpuchinno

snack~small handful of almonds, pecans, walnuts
1/2 bag of baby carrots

lunch~Blended Salad~ romaine, cabbage, radish, carrot, two tomatoes, chia seeds and green goddess dressing and some corn chips

supper~10 oz of green lemonade
Blended salad~ 1 red bell pepper, romaine, cabbage, radish,carrot, tomato, chia seeds and asian dressing & chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...