Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sprouting, Cheeze Slices and RAW TORTILLA SOUP

Got my sprouting jar going again~from left..green lentils, radish, salad mix, alfalfa

The other day I made some cheddar cheeze and couldn't use it all, so I dehydrated it..I'll keep it in the fridge in an airtight container to use on raw veggie burgers or crumble on raw pasta, salads or raw soups

This morning I decided to come up with a
Raw Tortilla Soup
In Vita-Mix
3 1/4 c. water
4-5 t. Seitenbacher veggie broth powder
2 roma tomatoes
handful of baby carrots
1 big piece of celery
thick slice of red onion
2 garlic cloves
1/8 of a red bell pepper
1 baby bella mushroom
small handful of a shredded cabbage
1 t. Frontier Taco Seasoning
pinch of cumin
Blend in Vita-Mix until smooth
then add:
1 jalapeno
1/4 c. black olives
1/4 c. dehydrated sweet corn (this is all I had) you can use fresh or frozen
Blend again on #3...

I will add  Walnut Taco meat and crumbled Salted Flax Crackers and some Macadamia Creme on Top and sprinkle with cilantro



Macadamia Creme

1 c.  macadamia nuts~soaked for 2-4 hrs drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno
1/4 c. lemon or lime juice
salt to taste
1/4 c. water

The final product!!

You can blend your soup and make it warm in the Vita-Mix.
I did not add the meat to the soup.  I placed it in the bottom of the dish and poured the soup mixture over it, topped with Mac Creme and cilantro
Even my most picky eater liked it!!
~another option is to leave out the Taco Meat and chop up some Avocado and add to the soup in place of the meat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...