Saturday, February 5, 2011

Raw Pear Cobbler



RAW PEAR COBBLER

Crumble Topping~
1/2 c. of a mixture of pecans/walnuts/almonds
1/4 c. dates
1/4 c. raisins (soaked)
pinch of  cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla
process in the food processor until crumbly and set aside


Cobbler filling
3 pears ~cut into small pieces
1 T or more depending on sweetness desired~
 agave, raw honey or maple syrup
1/2 t. cinnamon
dash of salt

Take 1 1/2  pears and the remaining ingredients and process in food processor. Place in a glass baking dish.  Chop the remaining pears in small pieces and mix together with sauce.  Top with Crumble mixture.

You can use apples, peaches or berries with this recipe. With the berries I'd leave out the cinnamon
You may use one type of nut or a combination.
You could use all dates or all raisins....soak them first if they appear a little dry
I was craving a cobbler and this is what I had on hand...

This can be warmed in a dehydrator or eaten as is....
This made about 3-4  small servings....or 2 for my son and me!
                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. I am new (very new)to the raw diet. This looks very good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina Kay!! Thanks for stopping by. It WAS very good! Be creative and have fun with the raw diet. I feel Great eating high raw and even better on my all raw days. Be patient with yourself and just keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...