Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Wild Cow Restaurant, The Silly Goose Restaurant, Kristen's Raw Cinnamon Banana Bread Square's, Salad Recipes & The Grand Ole Opry Hotel

This past weekend my children and I drove to Nashville Tennessee to visit with my daughter and her hubs.  We visited the Grand Ole Opry Hotel.  They have 3 conservatory's (garden areas) which were beautiful!
The picture above is from one of them. The Hotel is huge and we got a good walk in after our lunch at The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant!!  This place is sooo good!  They post part of their menu  each day on their site.  You can also get an all raw meal if you like. They have raw desserts and you can special order raw cakes or other dessert to take home.

Here is the ABOUT section for The Wild Cow:
 The Wild Cow serves vegetarian & vegan fare in a fun, casual environment in the heart of East Nashville.

We opened the Wild Cow to provide delicious, cruelty-free, healthy food to the people of Middle Tennessee. We will never support the inhumane and environmentally destructive factory farm system that dominates our agricultural economy, nor will we support corporations like Coke and Pepsi that thrive off of our addiction to sugar and artificial “food”. Nearly all of our food is purchased in it’s whole form, meaning we make almost all of our own sauces, dressings, soup stocks, etc. This means that we can name every ingredient in the food we serve!
It is our goal to bring people together for the love of good food in a fun & relaxed environment, while supporting our community and organizations that promote our philosophies.
We have a rotating charity of the month. January’s charity is Haleigh’s Haven, a local dog rescue & awareness group. For every dinner special we sell in January, we’ll donate $1 to them.

Right around the corner from The Wild Cow is The Silly Goose.  They are not vegan but it appears as if they have vegan/vegetarian options. They search for and buy local, organic, sustainably produced, minimally manipulated food.

*******************************************************************************
       What to do with Almond Pulp???
My family drinks almond milk daily so we always have almond pulp leftover.  Most of the time I just place it in a glass jar, then stick it in the freezer~adding to it until it is filled.  When I have several jars, I thaw them out and place the pulp into the dehydrator and dry it, then blend it in my Vita-Mix and I have almond flour.  Sometimes I thaw the almond pulp and make almond cheese ....But Kristen's got a great recipe that I will be using , and playing with in the days to come.....
        Kristen's Raw~Cinnamon Banana Bread Squares
Kristen's recipe is sooo simple and these squares are so yummy!  Next time I will be making a couple of batches.  I added broken raw pecan pieces to mine before dehydrating. You can follow the link above for Kristen's recipe.  You could also layer 2-4 circles of this bread and make a cashew frosting  for each layer to have a nice layered cake!!!  I had my cashews ready to do this, and when I was pushing my plunger into the Vita-Mix I pushed too hard and shaved off the bottom of the plunger....therefore I had plastic shavings in my frosting....oh well...next time..

Thanks Kristen for the great recipe!!





NO GRAIN TABBOULEH

2 bunches of parsley~chopped fine
1 c. hemp seeds
1/2 c. chopped mint or 8 tsp dried
1 bunch of green onions diced
1/4-1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 t. cumin
2 tomatoes chopped
2/3 c. lemon juice or lime juice
2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 large or 2 med cucumbers seeded and diced



Cheezy Kale Salad

2 bunches of Kale de-stemmed and torn
add:
Cheezy Tahini Dressing~

blend together & pour over kale and massage
tahini
lemon juice
Bragg's liquid Amino's
1/2 c. of Nutritional Yeast
water to thin if necessary

You could also warm this up in the dehydrator
Layered Salad

in a 9 X 13 dish layer
Mixed baby greens or greens of choice
1 c. chopped celery
1 bunch of green onion chopped
1 bag of frozen peas
1/2-1 c. of raw walnuts broken up
I like to add 1 red/yellow or orange bell pepper chopped but didn't have one

Cheezy Mustard Dressing
1 small jar of Vegenaise
1/4-1/2 c. nutritional yeast
1/4-1/2 t. dried mustard
1-2 T. lemon or lime juice
water to thin
blend  and store in fridge..this will make more than you need for this salad

If you look closely,  you can still see the frost on the peas...this will not hurt the salad. I never wait until they are thawed to place on the salad.
My kids love frozen peas.
When my children were just toddler's I was visiting a new friend from church....she had two little girls.  We were there for lunch and she placed a handful of frozen peas on her kids plates and I thought, "Wow! I cannot believe she is giving her kids frozen peas!"  Well my kids loved them, and have been eating them ever since.  When they are frozen, they have a creamy, ice cream consistency.  They liked them so well, I tried frozen corn on them too...and they loved it.  You don't have to wait for them to thaw!! Go ahead and grab a handful of frozen peas and try them for yourself!  Let me know what you think.
Here is another picture from The Grand Ole Opry Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...