Wednesday, January 5, 2011

French Toast~ "The Rave Diet & Lifestyle

Over the holiday's I've been reading several books, watching some informative DVD's and working in the kitchen.  One of my picks is~"The Rave Diet and Lifestyle" &; "Eating"(DVD) by Mike Anderson.  I highly recommend this book  to anyone wanting to educate themselves about nutrition/lifestyle and health.
I'm in the middle of watching, "Mike's Beautiul Life" by M. Anderson and it is great so far....this guy is funny too, which always makes a documentary easier for the children/husband to watch....but even if he didn't have a sense of humor the material presented will knock your socks off and open your eyes to what is going on with our food and government.

My youngest has successfully been vegan now for several days...she says it's not that hard because she is feeling better~  :)
Prior to her decision to going Vegan, she was a lacto-ovo vegetarian...with an occassional indulgence in organic chicken....and very light on the lacto-ovo side.


While reading the Rave Diet book I found several recipes in the back of the book that would make my family very happy.  One of them is French Toast....as you can see these are cooked items.  I did not try it but my kids loved it!

French Toast

In blender:
2 med. bananas
2/3 c. water
2 T maple Syrup
1/8 t. ground cinnamon
place in flat shallow dish and soak bread slices 1 min on ea. side.  cook until lightly browned. top with fruit, fruit preserves or maple syrup
4-6 slices of gluten free bread

I used Earthbalance olive oil spread in the skillet.

check out The Rave Diet & Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...