Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mediterranean Eats~and a confession


Tabbouleh

1 bunch of parsley~chopped fine
1 bunch of cilantro~chopped fine
4 tomatoes~diced
4-6 stalks of celery~diced
4 green onions~chopped
2 c. soaked bulgar or for all raw use hemp seeds
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t. cumin
1 T. plus 2 t. dried mint
black pepper to taste

Tonight we enjoyed this Tabbouleh with lemon Tahini dressing (tahini, lemon juice, Bragg's Liquid Aminos and water to thin)..I like to drizzle this dressing over my salad. On the table was garlic hummus and warm pita bread.  My husband's response to our meal tonight, "I cannot believe I am sitting here eating this...and it is Good!"....to which my youngest replied, "After 10 days of eating high raw vegan your taste buds can actually taste REAL food."  :)

My daughter took this picture of a smoothie she made this morning!!
almond milk
banana
apple
cinnamon
vanilla stevia

This was my daughter's dinner~lightly steamed veggies with edamame and garlic hummus & pita bread



Today my vegan son is working on eliminating a cold with lots of carrot juice,  fruit smoothies and some steamed veggies.

After my doctors appointment today
 I made a new acquaintance while standing in front of the freezer section of the health food dept. of our local grocer.  It is always cool to run into people that you can share about a healthy living lifestyle.
While sharing I said that I had been vegan for a few years....but I should have said vegetarian.....my children are always correcting me when I do this....I regularly eat the vinegarette at Chipotle which is not vegan, even though I am not sure what it is that is in it that is not vegan.(if you know..I am curious)..and I have had some raw milk cheese on occassion over the last few years, and some crabmeat a few times...I do not want to be misleading and felt the need to clarify....I do eat a high raw vegan diet with those previous exceptions....
My son is a strict vegan (6 yrs.) and my vegetarian daughter began her journey into veganism Jan 1, 2011 and my (omnivore) husband decided to go vegan Jan 1, along with my daughter!....so to support my family, I have decided to give up the vinegarette...the cheese is easy, besides is smells like wet cow....the only time I had it around the house was 2 maybe 3 times a year for my daughter....so now that she is vegan, it's gone!
So if you're a regular reader or a new one and are wondering...now you know
I hope that my family can be an encouragement to you and yours as you journey to better health through dietary/lifestyle changes.
We have experienced many health benefits and trust that you will to as you make positive changes in your own life.

Blessings


quick note about my broken wrist....well it is not broken anymore...I went to the surgeon today...he has released me to get therapy.... my arm atrophied while being in the cast and I need to get strength and range of motion back.  Cosmetically, my wrist has changed a bit, but it does not affect the mechanics of my potential mobility...so hopefully with some therapy I can get back to normal again.  He could do surgery with the hopes of it looking like my other wrist again...but, I am not too fond of surgical procedures/risks...so I'll just get a pretty bracelet to wear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...