Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dreaming of Green Smoothies & Honey Cinnamon Walnuts and Almonds

Yes,  I've been dreaming of green smoothies.....this one has
Coconut water
strawberries
banana
orange
mango
spinach
vanilla stevia
ice

oh yeah~

sometimes I had barleygrass & or wheatgrass powder and spirulina



Honey Cinnamon Walnuts & Almonds

I blogged about these the other day.  I made them for Christmas and they are delicious.

First I soaked walnuts and almonds overnight.  Then I drained and rinsed them a couple times.  I placed the walnuts in a bowl, drizzed cinnamon, honey & agave. (about 1/2 and 1/2 of both sweeteners to avoid the sugar impact of the honey) pinch of Himalyan salt. Mix until well coated.  Placed in the dehydrator set below 115 degrees and dry well. Store in fridge.  I used the leftover sweetened mix for the almonds


3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I am going to try that!
    Blessings, Debra
    http://inthekitchenwithdebra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nuts candied like this. I like to top my raw coconut yoghurt with flavours like these. Great gift idea too huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls~these nuts did not last long around my house.
    I try to keep a jar of raw trail mix and larabars in my car, but now I think I'll replace them with a jar of the walnuts. They are just the thing for mid-afternoon snack when my smoothies wear off.
    thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...