Friday, August 28, 2009

Complete Breathing, Yoga, Setting up a Home Gym, Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding & Raw Pizza

It's a rainy day here...time to enjoy the peaceful sounds of the rain....there is something soothing about it. Time to listen....listen to myself breath and take in deep breaths and oxygenate my cells. Every day we should stop and pay attention to our breath. Take 10 full slow complete breaths and release them slowly. Do this several times a day. This is good for stress, it helps move toxins out of the body. It helps the skin become smoother with a reduction of facial wrinkles. They say it even helps in weight reduction. To read more about the benefits go to http://www.holisticonline.com/Yoga/hol_yoga_breathing_Importance.htm Follow the links on the bottom of the page to learn about proper breathing techniques. (Disclaimer~ I am not recommending all items listed on this site~do your own research)

Yoga is another part of my lifestyle. It has a balancing and strenthening effect and brings a peacefulness when you practice it. I first began doing Yoga at the local library. They were offerning a class 2 nights a week. I could not believe the difference I felt in just a couple of weeks. That was over two years ago and I try to incorportate in into my fitness routine regularly, even if it is only for 20 mins. You can find a beginners guide to Yoga on this page http://holisticonline.com/Yoga/hol_yoga_home.htm

HOME GYM~

I found that I could not get to the gym as often I would like to. It is too far away and was robbing me of valuable time. That is when I set up my home gym. I had accumulated all of the equipment from purchases in the past, some new, some from garage sales and my wonderful video/DVD collection from Half -price Bookstore. Almost every video tape I purchased was only 50cents!!! Pretty cheap compared to a gym membership. Now I don't have to schedule my life around their scheduled classes or trips into town. It takes about 45 mins. to get there..that is an hour and a half round trip. I could be finished working out by that time.
Be creative...shop around, go to the goodwill & garage sales. Many people buy equipment and find out they just don't want to use it. I have had some items just given to me. What a huge blessing it has turned out to be. Sometimes when others know that you are making this part of your lifestyle they are willing to sale cheap or bless you with a gift.
Walking is a very inexpensive way to get started in physical activity. That is where I began many years ago, thanks to the inspiration of my aunt & uncle making this part of their lifestyle.
If you cannot find a place to walk outside, there are workout programs for walking indoors. If you cannot afford or find an inexpensive video recording, go to the library. Usually these are free to check out. You may be able to find all that you need there.

I began my day with
20 oz of watermelon juice
2~16 oz bottles of green lemonade

noon:
1 banana sliced
1 c. strawberries
1/2 c. blueberries
1 c. pineapple sliced
sprinkle of sesame seeds & unsweetened coconut (I find the seeds are great for my digestive tract and elimination)

MSM~3 capsules

mid afternoon~

CHCOLATE CHIA SEED PUDDING

4 T. soaked chia seeds
1 T. raw cacao powder (you could use cocoa powder)
1 T. raw blue agave (you could use maple syrup or honey)
dash of vanilla

mx and enjoy!

This pudding's texture reminds me of tapioca. Maybe next time I'll try to add some coconut flakes, vanilla and lemon to see if this comes out more like the traditional tapioca or maybe coconut milk and lemon to try to get a cheesecake flavor.....
Be creative with your recipes. Don't be afraid to try something new and if you have children let them be part of this adventure...make it fun and perhaps they will adopt a healthier lifestyle too!

Chia seeds can also be added to smoothies.

Chia seeds has an abundance of nutrtional benefits check out Angela Stokes cheat sheet http://www.rawreform.com/content/view/345/127/ This sheet will also give you instructions for soaking the seeds.

My daughter was eating pizza this evening and it smelled good so I decided to make me one. I cannot eat the traditional pizza because of my gastro-intestinal issues and find that the raw pizza's I make do not cause me distress.

Evening meal:

RAW PIZZA

flax seed bread (previously made, recipe will follow)
Layered in this order:
Macho Nacho Sauce~for cheese sauce
Marinated Portabella mushrooms~warmed
shredded carrots
bits of parsley
I also sprinkled crushed red peppers on top!



FLAX SEED BREAD/CRACKERS

Soaked golden flax seeds
diced red peppers & diced hot red pepper
shredded carrots
dried onions
garlic pressed or powdered

mix together to get a sticky mixture and spread on teflex sheets in dehydrator, score into squares and dry at 105 degrees until dry enough to turn over onto a screened tray in dehydrator and finish drying. I use an Excalibur dehydrator.
You can use any combination of seasoning you want with the flax seed. Follow this link for information on Flax seeds http://www.naturalnews.com/024359_flax_flaxseed_omega-3.html


MACHO NACHO SAUCE~ taken from "How We All Went Raw" ~by Charles Nungesser & Stephen Malachi

In a blender, add:
1/2 c. distilled water
1 red bell pepper, washed and seeded
1/2 c. pine nuts ( I used raw macadamia nuts)
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1 T. miso(optional if used omit sea salt)
1 garlic clove
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 Fresno pepper (red Jalapeno)
1 1/2 t. sea salt

blend on high until creamy. Serve on top of tacos or as a dip for chips.


The marinara sauce I used can be found here...they only thing I changed up was to add 1 can of muir glen chopped tomatoes with basil/garlic & fresh chopped portabella and warm it slightly on the stovetop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLi5657CSos

I topped off my meal with a small piece of Dagoba 87% organic chocolate, eclipse

35 mins. on my rebounder (mini trampoline) and 60 mins. yoga practice

BTW~the second dose of chocolate was not a good idea..about 3/4 of the way through my yoga I felt queasy.....
Time to go spend some quality time with the kid's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...