Monday, December 13, 2010

Vegan Choco-PB Treats, Spring Rolls and Kristen's Date Bars



VEGAN CHOCO-PB TREATS
(my friend Laurie shared a recipe she found and I changed it up and re-named it!)

4 c. of Arrowhead Mills Pufed Brown Rice
1/2 c. Enjoy Life semi sweet Chocolate chips (vegan/GF)
1c. Eastwind Crunchy Peanut Butter
1c. Sweet Cloud organic brown rice malt syrup
1t. vanilla
extra virgin coconut oil for coating pan/bowl

coat 9x 13 glass baking dish with coconut oil and also coat a large mixing bowl with the same
place puffed rice and chocoate chips into the bowl and sit aside
over medium heat in a small pan heat peanut butter, rice syrup until it bubbles~stirring frequently to prevent scorching
remove from heat and stir in vanilla
quickly pour over the rice mixture and stir well, the chips will melt
then press into pan
let cool before cutting or place in the fridge



At noon time today I went into my kitchen to find this lovely young lady making her lunch...I suggested some additions and she said, "I'm trying to keep it raw."  
This child has been a bit challenging to persuade over to a primarily raw food diet.  Although she does eat a lot of raw foods...she has preferred peanut butter and jelly.
Most recently she has been drinking lots of green superfood smoothies and barley juice! She is seeing some positive changes and this is quite an encouragement to her.
She claimed vegetarian as her own quite some time ago
 and recently informed me that eventually she would go vegan.
I continually try to educate my family about the benefits of eating this way and also the dangers of eating the standard American diet. 
One word of advice I give to parents of older children~provide them with educational books/articles/youtubes/dvds/videos. If you homeschool, you can make this part of their curriculum for health and science.
As my children have read/watched about these things on their own
I have watched them grow in their understanding and make thier own decisions about what they will or won't eat. 
THEY OWN IT....
it is not something they feel obligated to do or forced to do...so today when my girl told me she wanted to keep it raw...that was my reward....and as she adopts more and more healthy choices in her life...she will reap a lifetime of benefits!

This was my lunch today 
Spring Roll and spicy Kimchi...yummy
thanks to my daughter for preparing it~

Spring Rolls
guacamole
tomato
cucumber
red onion
carrot
rice paper
she added romaine lettuce and banana peppers to my spring rolls

click on the link to go to Kristen's page for the recipe and a better picture
the above picture was after our family had started to devour them...so I hurriedly took this picture
These date bars are Yummy! 
 Way to go Kristen on a great holiday recipe!
They were a hit at our family Christmas gathering
 for my date loving family members


I am still healing from my broken wrist.  I am able to use my fingers for a short bit of typing.  I figure it is good therapy.  I hope to get my cast off  December 21st and then wear a brace for a while.
This is my first broken bone and I now have a new understanding and sympathy for those who have experienced this unfortunate experience.
I have learned many things during this experience ...about....priorities, allowing others to serve me, humility in different areas, letting go, patience, dealing with pain

Although I do not regularly go to an allopathic doctor...
I AM THANKFUL FOR EMERGENCY CARE AND THE SURGEON/DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO CARED FOR ME and those who are still working with me
until the LORD GOD completely heals my injury through the self healing mechanisms He placed in our bodies

1 comment:

  1. Yuuuuuumy! Your picture looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...