Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three Bean and Kale Salad aka Christmas Salad

 The road conditions here in the midwest are a bit unfavorable today, therefore I am switching my work day for tomorrow. 
I am blessed to have some flexibility with my part time job....
so I get to stay home and play in my kitchen!!!

First up is my

Three Bean and Kale Salad
(aka my Christmas Salad)

1 bunch of kale washed and de-stemmed
1 red bell pepper diced
1/2 red onion chopped
1 c. of cooked black beans or 1 can drained*
1 c. of cooked pinto beans or 1 can drained*
1 c. or cooked garbanzo's or 1 can drained*
1 container of grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
(I didn't cut mine because of my broken wrist)

Place kale in large mixing bowl and pour dressing over it and massage for a couple minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Let marinate.   The more wilted the kale the better the flavor.
You can vary your beans according to your likes. I usually add green beans instead of the pinto's. I just used what I had on hand
*to keep it raw use sprouted red and green lentils


Dressing

1/4 c. raw honey
1/2 c. lemon juice
4 T. extra virgin olive oil
dash of salt

Blend in Magic bullet or blender on low setting.



As you can see the red and green colors of the salad make a pretty display on the table for Christmas dinner

Finished product!

Now onto soup for my family~


Quick Chili

saute:
1/2 chopped red onion
1 diced green pepper
1t. extra virgin coconut oil

add:
1 can of diced organic tomatoes
2 cans of diced organic tomatoes (pulsed in blender or food processor)
1 can organic pinto beans drained
1 can organic black beans drained

2 T. chilli powder
salt to taste


Chili Powder
recipe from The Food Substitution Bible

1tsp paprika
2 t. cumin
2 t. dried oregano
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. cayenne
1/4 t. allspice
this recipe makes about 3 T.


.This is a great book for making substitutions for ingredients, equipment & techniques. I have the older edition and I use it all the time when making recipes! check it out.





My kiddo's love mac & cheese

I used one box of rice pasta and a large handful of Daiya Cheedar Cheese (vegan)
nice and stringy just like grandma's....

I am posting a lot of non raw food because my family eats cooked meals in the evening and I like to keep a record of my recipes for later use.
I still consume a very high raw diet...lots of smoothies, green smoothies, blended salads, raw snacks, raw nuts, seeds.  One snack I have recently discovered is Go Raw Spirulina  Super Chips and  Ginger snaps. 
I purchase mine through my local co op buying group but you can get them at Amazon by clickng on the link below.

These are raw seed crackers. They are nice and crunchy! Both varieties are quite dense, therefore they fill you up quickly.
The spirulina has a banana, coconut flavor and the ginger has a nice strong ginger flavor!

Spirulina ingred:
sprouted organic sesame seeds
organic banana
organice coconut
organic date
organic spirulina

Ginger Snap ingred:
organic coconut
sprouted organic sesame seeds
organic date
organic ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...