Monday, December 13, 2010

Quick Vegetable Soup


My husband likes to have soup and salad for dinner.  We are a bit burned out on lentils and beans, so tonight I threw together this quick veggie soup.  I used some dehydrated veggies I had on hand to make it fast.

8-10 c. filtered water
2 cans of organic diced tomatoes
(1 can I threw into the blender and blended)
1/3c. dehydrated sweet corn
1/3 c. dehydrated green beans
1/3c. dehydrated snap peas
1/4c. dehydrated okra
4 stalks of fresh celery chopped
1 c. of baby carrots (diced in vita-mix)
1 c. black  rice
1/4c. Seitenbacher veggie broth powder
2T. dried onion
2T. dried parsley
1 t. Himalayan salt
1/2 t. marjoram
1/2t. thyme

cook on stovetop until it reaches desired doneness

During the summer months when I receive my CSA share, anything I cannot use up, I dehydrate.  I have some items on my shelf from 2007.  Everything is still good when rehydrated and available for quick soups or green smoothies. 
I dehydrate beet tops or any other greens I have left over.  These can be added to smoothies or to dips....just use your imagination....

Tonight I had a cup of this soup with a LTM (lettuce, tomato, mayo~Vegenaise) rollup..and a little sweet red onion



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...