Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Anti-inflammatory Smoothie & Salad

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE

WATER
PINEAPPLE
ORANGE
KIWI
SPINACH
WHEATGRASS POWDER
BARLEY GRASS POWDER
SPIRULINA POWDER
EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
SQUIRT OF VANILLA CREME STEVIA EXTRACT
add ice
BLEND
taste like a pina colda




BROCCOLI AU GRATIN
recipe from Hippocrates newsletter

2 heads of raw broccoli~cut into florets
set aside

blend the following ingredients in vita-mix then pour over broccoli
1/4 c. raw tahini
2-3T. paprika (avoid on an anti inflammatory diet)
2T dried onion flakes
Bragg's liquid amino's to taste
water to thin

sprinkle with
handful of dehydrated nut crumbs~I used raw unhulled sesame seeds ground up in coffee grinder

My son and I ate the whole batch!!

broccoli is anti nflammatory and tahini contains copper which is known to reduce pain and swelling for those with Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have been trying to focus my diet on an high anti inflammatory intake since I broke my wrist two weeks ago.

Remember nightshades should be avoided ~these promote inflammation!Potatoes, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, tomatillos, tamarios, pepinos, pimentos, paprika, cayenne, and Tabasco sauce are classified as nightshade foods.



VINE RIPENED TOMATOES AND CELERY SPRINKLED WITH DULSE
tomatoes are a nightshade therefore they are inflammatory!!
opps! I love this dish!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...