Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fakin Maple Bacon and Mexican Casserole

I've been craving some fakin bacon for some time now, so this is what I came up with today.  I usually like to use two eggplants and store the extra in the fridge for another day or to crumble on a salad.
This turned out very good!

FAKIN MAPLE BACON
2 eggplants sliced on mandolin

Blend the following ingreds in blender and pour over eggplant to marinate for an hour or two
3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 T. raw agave
2T. pure maple syrup
Black pepper to taste
spread  eggplant on teflex sheets dehydrate @ 105 degrees until crispy

I like to throw together different cooked vegan casseroles for my family when I get tired of hanging in the kitchen....Here is what I directed my daughter to place together while I made the bacon
EASY MEXICAN CASSEROLE
 FOR THE KIDS

1 can of Amy's spicy chili
1 can of organic chili beans
some leftover lentil/rice casserole or soaked bulgar
taco seasoning
nutritional yeast
Daiya Mozzarella cheese
Ezekiel sprouted tortilla's

layer
tortilla on bottom
1/2 can of chili & 1/2 can of chili beans
lightly sprinkle taco seasoning
nutritional yeast
rice or bulgar
Daiya cheese
tortilla
other 1/2 can of chili and 1/2 can of chili beans
taco seasoning
nutritional yeast
rice or bulgar
Daiya Cheese

bake at 350 for 30-40 mins



NACHO CHEESE~
I used taco seasoning instead of chili powder
thank's goes to Averie for the recipe
1/2 c. hemp seeds
1/3 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 red bell pepper
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1/2 t. taco seasoning
pinch of cayenne pepper
3 T. lemon or lime juice
1/2 t. himalyan salt
water to thin to desired consistency
Blend all ingredients in a Vita-mix until smooth and creamy

We had the dip with some Salted Flax Cracker's from Ani Phyo's new book.  I changed her recipe up a bit and added Chipotle Mrs. Dash and nutritional yeast for a nacho cheese flavor.

6 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love the casserole. Maybe my daughter would like it. I just bought Ani Phyo's new book, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy,
    Erin here from Raw Therapy! Love the Fakin Bacon....my girlfriend is going away for a week and is lending me her dehydrator, so I will be giving this recipe a try, I will let you know how it turns out! You Rawk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. That Fakin Bacon looks unreal!! Have to try that.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love the bacon...it is the bomb...put it on flax bread, lettuce, tomato, veganaise or cashew mayo or use it in a romaine wrap.
    I had some atop one of Ani Phyo's Hemp sun burger, lettuce, tomato and veganaise and I almost felt guilty..it was like a bacon cheeseburger minus the cheese...had I thot about it I could have used some of dehyrdrated cheese slices....
    I am looking forward to hearing from you after you make your own.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOO......I just borrowed my girlfriends dehydrator since mine is on the fritz!! I am going to make me some fakin' bacon!!!
    Do you use organic or do you not worry about that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes organic...sometimes not...but if it isn't I peel it.
    You are gonna love it! I don't think mine is gonna last past today :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...