Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday~Soup recipes for cooler weather

Friday~
The weather is getting cooler. Time for sweaters, sweat pants and hoodies..one of my favorites times of the year.
Today has been a day where I didn't have to leave the house and could stay in my comfy clothes, messy hair and leave off the make up to let my skin breathe.
I am also feeling the effects of yesterdays' Pilates class that lasted 1.25 hrs. Yippee!! for exercise. I do love the way it makes me feel...stronger, more balanced and cleansed. I have signed up for a six week class and hope that she continues it indefinitely. I have also signed up for a weekly yoga class. Both of these forms of exercise are great to build strength and tone the body. When I am doing a regular exercise routine I deal with stress much better also.

I am feeling better with each passing day since my last painful episode. So I must strive each day to eat more water packed fruits & veggies

today~
rawpucchino

Large bowl~1 orange, black berries, blueberries topped with a handful of walnuts

blended salad~ mixed greens, 2 tomatoes, 5 baby carrots, few slices of red bell pepper, celery topped with green goddess dressing and some blue corn chips

broccoli soup*

rawpuchinno~left over from last night, I just added some ice

2 T. garlic & chive hummus & blue corn chips


*This is not a raw soup but my gut cannot tolerate raw broccoli soup (I've tried it) My whole family loves this soup, so this is a double recipe.

KATHY'S BROCCOLI SOUP~this is something I made up for a Broccoli Cheese Soup substitute

Saute 1/2 chopped onion & 4-5 crushed cloves of garlic in coconut oil

Add approx. 7-8 c. of water & 4 veggie boullion cubes w/o msg (read your labels)
Or 2-32oz pkgs of Pacific vegetable broth
1 c. of nutritional yeast

When adding the next ingredients you only want to warm until al dente. Do not cook them at high temperatures and destroy the life giving enzymes.


4-5 c. broccoli chopped (I also use the stems and pulse them in a
food processor)
one handful of shredded carrots
one handful of celery leaves
2T of vegan worchestershire sauce or Bragg's liquid aminos
1/2 lemon juiced

Optional: for a creamy consistency you can add 2 T. of vegenaise~when doing this you may prefer to add more nutrtional yeast as it does change the flavor a bit. I prefer mine without this ingredient.
You can also leave out the broccoli and use this as a base for Potato Kale Soup
It is cooler weather and my family does not eat an all raw diet so these are great healthy recipes for those that are not on a strict diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...