Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Lemonade, Ginger Carrots Juice and Energy Soup!

Today I went to Dr. Jean, my dentist (Hi Jean!) for a cleaning and when I got home I hit the kitchen!
Tomorrow I pick up my monthly veggie co-op order, so I needed to make room in the fridge.
This is what I came up with..
Green Lemonade
6-7 cucumbers
4 bunches of celery
1 pound of Spinach from my CSA farmer
3 big pieces of ginger
1 c. lemon juice
3 granny smith apples
liquid stevia to taste

I used two juicers....my leafy greens went in my Green Power Juice and most of the chunky stuff went into my Jack LaLanne.
As you can see this made 1 gallon of green juice.
I immediately drank a  quart...mmmmmmmmm..
 I am recommending this site for information about Greens only.  I am unfamiliar with the products they sale.
As always, I recommend that you do your own research.



After I finished making the green juice, I figured I should use up some of my carrots
 since the juicers were warmed up.
Ginger Carrot Juice
approximately 5-6 pounds of carrots
4-5 granny smith apples
big piece of ginger
This was just a little shy of one gallon.

When I finished juicing it was time for a mid-afternoon meal...hence my
Energy Soup

3 roma tomatoes
5 stalks of celery
big handful of gourmet lettuce mix
handful of baby carrots
sliced jalapeno's
2 heaping T. of tahini
1/4 c. lemon juice
1-2 T. Bragg's Liquid Amino's
little water to make it blend easily
I set my Vita-Mix on 3-4 and let it chop it to a soupy consistency.


I topped it with Dulse granules and had some of my Nacho Chipotle Chips on the side.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you are doing amazing. I love how much juice you made. I made about half of that today. Your soup looks so yummy. I love the texture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! 1 gallon of green juice!!! :)
    Looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love green lemonade...I've been making different variations of it for a few years...I never get tired of it. It really hydrates in so many ways....
    for aging women that may be drying up...it restores and lubricates...if you know what I mean....inside and out. :) :)
    Sasha~I love my salad/soup this way...it gives me a reason to chew, keeping my gums healthy and releasing digestive enzymes...but I don't have to chew my head off eating a salad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...