Friday, October 15, 2010

Blessings to a New Friend and her Daughters!

Welcome to my kitchen!  Today I met some new friends and I want to dedicate this recipe and this post to my new friend and her daughter's as they embark on their healing journey to good health.





Beet Salad

2 bunches of red beets~shredded
5-10 garlic cloves
( used 10 because they were not very big)
1/4 to 1/3c. of extra virgin olive oil
1/4-1/3 c. of 100% pure lemon juice
(no preservatives-look in the health section at Kroger)
Himalayn Salt or sea salt/real salt to taste
clove powder~taste often as this is very strong (optional)

Mix together and let marinate for a little while..if you can wait, if not~ it is still delcious.
Save the beet tops ~wash and drain~ and shred them~layered on a plate and top with the beet salad
sometimes I add dulse flakes and/or raw sunflower seeds


I have found that consuming RAW beets daily in addition with adequate amounts of high water content fruits and veggies ,and sufficient filtered drinking water keep my digestion in optimal condition.
What works for me is to have at least 2-4 Tablespoons with each meal.  Sometimes I eat more, because they are sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...